Honored Contributor

Our Monsoon Season Has Arrived!!!!

Yeah!  It has been 72 days since Albuquerque officially had measurable rainfall, a lot more at my house.  Now we have a good chance of rain and cooler temps for every day in the in the foreseeable future.  This will also reduce the chance of grass and forest fires....we had one in the area last night that could have become serious and closed I-40 for hours.  It will also help control the huge fires that are presently burning around the state.

These are annual rains that come up into the Southwest from Mexico.  It accounts for a good part of our yearly rainfall so is vitally important.

When the first drops fall, we will rush to the windows and watch it come down.  I bet you don't get so excited about rain?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

Re: Our Monsoon Season Has Arrived!!!!

@Kachina624  Can you spare a little for your northern neighbor?  LOL...DW

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624  I am so happy for your area! I pray it's a great rain this season!

Here in s.e. PA, we've been getting good rains all along! I know the gardeners & commercial growers are happy! I only sulk when it rains 3 & 4 days in a row.

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 Hope the good LORD blesses you with much needed rain.  It is extremely hot and humid here in north Mississippi.  You can literally feel the sun burning your face when you walk to the mailbox and back.  Go out and do a rain dance if all else fails!

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Yeah!  It has been 72 days since Albuquerque officially had measurable rainfall, a lot more at my house.  Now we have a good chance of rain and cooler temps for every day in the in the foreseeable future.  This will also reduce the chance of grass and forest fires....we had one in the area last night that could have become serious and closed I-40 for hours.  It will also help control the huge fires that are presently burning around the state.

These are annual rains that come up into the Southwest from Mexico.  It accounts for a good part of our yearly rainfall so is vitally important.

When the first drops fall, we will rush to the windows and watch it come down.  I bet you don't get so excited about rain?

@Kachina624 

I live in the humid southeast where a shower is due almost everyday in the summer and certainly huge rainfall spring and fall and yet we have not had anything but a sprinle since Easter Sunday.

Honored Contributor

@dancingwoman    Its coming!  In fact, Farmington has a great chance this weekend and you're not far from them.

Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624  Yep the forecast is for rain.....but....we've been promised before...hopefully the weather guy is right this time...DW

Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday   @Boomernichols    It was actually HUMID here last night quite unlike the 6% humidity we had the night before.  It interfered with the operation of my evaporative cooler which I use for cooling.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Nonametoday   @Boomernichols    It was actually HUMID here last night quite unlike the 6% humidity we had the night before.  It interfered with the operation of my evaporative cooler which I use for cooling.

@Kachina624 

I think our humidity is so slow that it is causing the pollens to linger and so many people are sick with respiratory illnesses.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624    Yesterday our weather person said rain on Saturday...but it's already been cancelled.

♥Surface of the Sun♥