Esteemed Contributor

@spumoni99 

@spumoni99 wrote:

He is handsome @qvcaddition  and good for you at 86 checking out the men!  We have a guy that does some tractor work for us, he is 71 but has a full head of hair and looks very youthful, I was telling him yesterday and he said being in the tractor vibrating around keeps him young, I thought that was funny but I guess its like a big vibrating chairl

That is funny and a good joke on his part.  People I know, like neighbors and some of my medical Drs. have been telling me how good I look. Not bragging, just commening. 

I think because, I still wear light makeup, dress nice everyday, except when trimming my 17 bushes, started yesterday.  Also, I have my hair dyed and exercise. I also try to find something everyday to be happy about, and don't speak negative when I am talking to people.  No gossip.

I'm just happy to be alive at this age.  Everyday is a blessing for me, no matter what troubles come my way.  I am lucky to have great health.  

Just had a CT on head, and got results Friday night and from my Dr. yesterday and she said, everything great.  Fortunate.  I think all the 65+ years of exercise and vit.

I also take, AL collagen.

I look in my late 60's, early 70's, I'm told.  Now that is bragging.

Sorry. I get carried away on the post, because I live alone and talk more on here, than with family.

Respected Contributor

@qvcaddition wrote:

@spumoni99 

@spumoni99 wrote:

He is handsome @qvcaddition  and good for you at 86 checking out the men!  We have a guy that does some tractor work for us, he is 71 but has a full head of hair and looks very youthful, I was telling him yesterday and he said being in the tractor vibrating around keeps him young, I thought that was funny but I guess its like a big vibrating chairl

That is funny and a good joke on his part.  People I know, like neighbors and some of my medical Drs. have been telling me how good I look. Not bragging, just commening. 

I think because, I still wear light makeup, dress nice everyday, except when trimming my 17 bushes, started yesterday.  Also, I have my hair dyed and exercise. I also try to find something everyday to be happy about, and don't speak negative when I am talking to people.  No gossip.

I'm just happy to be alive at this age.  Everyday is a blessing for me, no matter what troubles come my way.  I am lucky to have great health.  

Just had a CT on head, and got results Friday night and from my Dr. yesterday and she said, everything great.  Fortunate.  I think all the 65+ years of exercise and vit.

I look in my late 60's, early 70's, I'm told.  Now that is bragging.

Sorry. I get carried away on the post, because I live alone and talk more on here, than with family.

Good for you and I am sure you keeping active and taking care of yourself attributes to your health and young looks.  I quite working out during covid and oh my!  I am 62 but feel 90 some days.  I need to start working out and lose some weight.  You will be my inspiration.

Esteemed Contributor

@spumoni99 wrote:

He is handsome @qvcaddition  and good for you at 86 checking out the men!  We have a guy that does some tractor work for us, he is 71 but has a full head of hair and looks very youthful, I was telling him yesterday and he said being in the tractor vibrating around keeps him young, I thought that was funny but I guess its like a big vibrating chair!

@spumoni99 ...LOL...Oh My, he sure left himself wide open with that remark!...

😂

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Respected Contributor

Why on earth would you think your post would offend anyone? I agree that he looks quite handsome...the " silver fox" look...he always does such a good job at the Memorial Day concert each year. He and Gary Sinise are so respectful of all the vets who are there and their family members who attend.  Did you notice Dule Hill? He was one of the actors who portrayed the brother of one of the fallen. They portrayed his family members in a moving tribute. S.Epatha portrayed the mother. 
Dule was in the show Psyche several years ago. I loved that show and hate that it didn't last longer than it did. He played the sidekick to James Rodan; I hope I have Rodan's name right. 😬

Respected Contributor

@qvcaddition wrote:

@qvcaddition What is AL collagen?

I drink bone broth which has collagen protein but may want to take a supplement.  TIA

Respected Contributor

Hubba hubba! 

Valued Contributor

@qvcaddition  You surely did NOT offend me! I like both of them; great actors.

Honored Contributor

It is always nice to observe a good looking older man or woman who has gracefully aged and looks great!!!!  I agree about Joe Mantagna,  looking good!!!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@qvcaddition  Agreed! Joe M. is handsome with his silver hair. My DH is a silver fox as well; the men in his family tend to retain a full head of hair as they age, and they turn a beautiful shade of gray. 

I also enjoyed the concert last night and certainly recommend it to anyone looking for a great remembrance experience. The only sticking point for me has always been the way they introduce the performers. "Two-time Grammy winner." "Golden Globe winner." "Platinum record award winner." Can't they just say their names? If we want to know more about them, we can look them up. The service heroes are supposed to be in the spotlight. 

Honored Contributor

@on the bay - I watched the entire show live.  Yes, it was incredibly sad and I was in tears much of the time.

But that is nothing compared to what the servicemen and women and their families have endured.  It helps to be reminded of that.  We should never be comfortable with the cost of war or the price those people pay.

I had brothers in both the Korean and Vietnam wars, older family members in earlier wars.  Luckily, they all came back to us, although one was wounded.  The footage, the reality of all of the wars fought over the years, was a necessary reminder to those of us safely at home.

"Freedom isn't free."