Respected Contributor

Whenever I get the wrong package, I make an attempt to get it to the right person.

I've had it happen to me where my package has been delivered to the wrong house.  One lady refused to give me my package.  She was literally screaming at me.  I saw the box sitting in her entryway. 

Esteemed Contributor

That's awful!  Make sure to have the tracking #.

Happy Birthday a little early!

Esteemed Contributor

We stopped RX via mail.  We pay a little more but go to an approved pharmacy.  Our meds tracking status said delivered and that was that.  We had to go through hoops to get replacements at the pharmacy instead.

Esteemed Contributor

OMG.....what is wrong with some people????

Honored Contributor

it is called doing the right thing or doing the wrong thing.  No different than finding a wallet....the right thing  to do would be to turn it in or find the owner.....many people would just keep it.  These kinds of people were just brought up wrong and have no ethics.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for all of your responses.  The delivery person absolutely makes a difference.  Our mail carrier is a wonderful person.  He has been our carrier for almost 30 years.  Our UPS driver was so considerate, but, he has retired.  Fed Ex....not so much.  Literally anything that comes that way is left in the driveway by the front walkway.  It's as if he tosses it out of the truck!

It really is sad that the moral values of so many are gone.  I would never think of keeping something delivered in error.  

Respected Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

Who is the cutey in the picture?

@ fourpaws56 wrote:

lack of integrity

my four yr old GS <3

Respected Contributor

@Bri36 wrote:

Whenever I get the wrong package, I make an attempt to get it to the right person.

I've had it happen to me where my package has been delivered to the wrong house.  One lady refused to give me my package.  She was literally screaming at me.  I saw the box sitting in her entryway. 

@Bri36What happened? did you ever get the package? did you tackle her down and take it? Don't leave me hanging here LOL...

I have gotten some many other peoples mail since I moved to this home it's unreal!  I am now in the habit of not leaving the mailbox until I first scan all mail (that it is truly mine) otherwise I get inside of house and think what's this?  This saves me a trip back out...I just put the wrong mail back in my box with the flap up.  I am tired or writing a note on it or putting a sticky note of it "wrong address" I figure he will figure it out...again!  If it's my neighbors mail I simply open up their box next to mine and put it inside...probably not legal to do this but I do it.  

I have received packages also...not many...got a UPS one for my neighbors contact lens (I wear contacts...so I immediately recognized this package) and walked it over to their home.  Figure he's gonna be needing those ASAP!  I know I would.

I wish my current male mailman would get a different route....and the sub which is a lady who always gets it right would be my regular mail lady....Please GOD make it happen.  I have actually had the man sign for my packages (priority) and then drive off with them still in his truck.  Had to go down to post office (I had watched him do it from my front window) and spoke to the delivery supervisor.  She called him on his cell and he suddenly got it right back to my front door.  It was a miracle.

I often wonder how many people are getting all my mail? and not doing what I do???

Valued Contributor

@Kachina624It worries me.  They are sending notes telling me how much I can save by going by mail.

Just this week I was going through the mail and ripped open a hospital bill and a credit union packet that belonged to my neighbors.  Each piece was addressed to a different person.

I thought the Credit Union mail was an advertisement.  I usually just rip them in half and toss them.  I am glad I did not. 

I think I will call the insurance tomorrow and tell them about the mail troubles. 

I also just found out I am in the dreaded "donut hole"  one of my scripts will go from  200 to 500 for 3 months supply.

I'm not sure what I will do with that one. 

Honored Contributor

it is awful now a days. 

anytime a freebie gifts lands on wrong door step, the wrong door step person feels they are entitled to the free gift.

it is happening more and more. we have had a whole lot of problem in my developement this summer when regular post person was on vacation. many lost packages. some have been found but some have not,where did they go. who knows.