Esteemed Contributor

What would you do?  2 weeks ago a package was sent to my SIL, with tracking info.  The substitute mail carrier delivered it to the wrong address (he got the # right but the street wrong).  Anyway, she spoke with the post master who tracked the package to the wrong address.  When he contacted the resident he was told that they didn't receive any package.  The sender did mail a replacement with signature requested.

However, why would someone keep a package that doesn't belong to them????  I just don't get it!

Trusted Contributor

because they probably liked it and it was free! some people are whack. 

Honored Contributor

Its called theft.  I imagine it happens all the time.  There's no way to prove they got the package so they'll get away with it this time and we'll hope karma catches up with them.  Frankly, I'm surprised so many people are honest when they receive a misdirected package. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I received a package that wasn't even addressed to me or my address.  It just so happened it belonged to a neighbor down the road.

I went to the door and told them (the boxes were huge) and she came and got them and sent me a thank you note.  That was totally the fault of UPS.

However I have received the wrong package a few times.  I called customer service and they told me to send it back and they wouldn't charge me.  I did.  

I agree it is totally stealing.  It is terrible to steal something but I'm sure it happens more often than it used to.  

Esteemed Contributor

They do it because they can............don't get me started.......

Esteemed Contributor

I just don't get it!  Obviously the name and correct address are on the package.  It was delivered just a few streets away;  why not just walk/drive over to the correct address and place it in the box???  Or, even easier, put it back in your own box with a "wrong address" note.  How do some people sleep at night???

Respected Contributor

How does the PO know it really got delivered to the 2nd address? Sorry but I don't think they can unless the homeowner signed for it. Maybe they really didn't get it & the sub mail carrier got it wrong again.

Honored Contributor

@grandma r  In short, there's absolutely nothing you can do.  The problem has been resolved and is out of your hands. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

I'm thinking that's what happened to my Klondike purchase. My order status says it was delivered yesterday but I had no mail yesterday. I haven't called customer service, If I don't receive it tomorrow, I will call them. Very sad, it's my birthday gift (Oct 1st). It's the PTR solid 18k ribbons and reed band ring 

Valued Contributor

And the insurance companies are forcing more and more people to get their medications through the mail only.  

I wonder if they will replace those when they are misdelivered?

So far, they do not have to sign for those packages.