Honored Contributor

@debic wrote:

Kind of makes you ill, I hope someone in her family chastizes her at least.

Unfortunately for someone to be that...open & verbal...about her racial beliefs, there has to be a looong line of generational behavior to support her actions.  Chances are her grandparents talked like that, her parents talked like that...and she's probably passing it down to her own family.   Her family's probably giving her 'High 5s'. 

Honored Contributor

Re: JC Penney Customer Racist Rant

The people standing there were cowards,by not telling that women she was wrong for her rant,that gave it a OKAYto do what she did.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

Indoorkitty - don't take the bait.  Smiley Wink

Super Contributor

I am one to get quite impatient with retail queues and hate it when bumbling patrons hold up the line.  But that said i do not consider what happened "line cutting" in the slightest.  Line cutting would've been if the woman barged up next to her sister (or whoever her companion was) and started a second order, a separate transaction.

Adding a couple of items to an in-progress order, whether or not it was 'almost done' is pretty common practice.  How many of us have been in a grocery line and had a spouse or companiion say 'oh i want to grab item X" or "could you add this candy bar to your groceries" etc. etc.  It happens thousands of times a day.

As to the miserable old woman, I agree that these people are feeing VERY empowered and righteous these days, and also are the part of the population most likely to be packing a gun and waiting for a phony excuse to stand their ground -- so intervening could be dangerous.  However I doubt I would've been able to hold my tongue.  I hope she is shamed.  And I would bet anything I own that she is a member of a religious congregation -- hope they shame her as well but given the geographic location am not holding my breath. 

Honored Contributor

@Puzzle Piece wrote:

It is the 'holidays' and folks loose patience.  I don't know what is racist about it though.  Where I live in the So CA, the hispanic population has exploded and mostly because they are here illegally.  Now, over in their countries they do have lines and know it is customary to stand in lines.  That person should know that and not feign ignorance.  The woman who mouthed off was just doing that.  She may not be the racist labeled.  She may donate money and time to charities and the like who help many of all backgrounds. 

The things that woman in the video said were disgusting - there is no defending her behavior.

Respected Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

@debic wrote:

Kind of makes you ill, I hope someone in her family chastizes her at least.

Unfortunately for someone to be that...open & verbal...about her racial beliefs, there has to be a looong line of generational behavior to support her actions.  Chances are her grandparents talked like that, her parents talked like that...and she's probably passing it down to her own family.   Her family's probably giving her 'High 5s'. 

I'm afraid you're right about that.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

Indoorkitty - don't take the bait.  Smiley Wink

@chickenbutt@Don't worry, I get where she is coming from, but thanks for the heads up.🌺

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

@151949 wrote:

@Puzzle Piece wrote:

It is the 'holidays' and folks loose patience.  I don't know what is racist about it though.  Where I live in the So CA, the hispanic population has exploded and mostly because they are here illegally.  Now, over in their countries they do have lines and know it is customary to stand in lines.  That person should know that and not feign ignorance.  The woman who mouthed off was just doing that.  She may not be the racist labeled.  She may donate money and time to charities and the like who help many of all backgrounds. 

The things that woman in the video said were disgusting - there is no defending her behavior.

And who knows the background of the Spanish women?  They may be American born, many grow up speaking a foreign language as that's all their parents speak.

It makes no difference what that woman 'might' be.  She was nasty and racist.

And IBTL!

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

The people standing there were cowards,by not telling that women she was wrong for her rant,that gave it a OKAYto do what she did.

The woman who posted the video said people did try ro rein-in the racist customer.  She said:

"FYI…this wasn’t the entire scene, people tried to let her know it was out of order, but she wasn’t hearing that.”

And

"She went on, yelling profanities at the woman — prompting a cashier to admonish her, saying: “Watch your language.”"

Respected Contributor

We must stand up for one another when bullying occurs.

No one can sanction this kind of behavior. 

There are many who have no respect for others. Do not let them lead by example.

Be sure to teach your children that kindness turns away anger.