Honored Contributor

Re: It is July and I AM CHRISTMASED OUT!!!

[ Edited ]
@bubsy, @izzie: I noticed that these are the first posts for both of you. Welcome, and l agree with you both.
~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Esteemed Contributor

qvc has always started inJune with CHRISTMAS SALES. i NEVER WATCH BECAUSE i DON'T UNDERSTAND THE PUSH. it IS RIDICULOUS AND WAY BEYOND GREEDY.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm not the slightest bit interested in Christmas decorations now. Truth be told, I am overstocked with too much stuff and plan to give away or donate our surplus. Back to basics: a wreath on our door, candles in the windows, our Christmas tree, manger set, and a few of our choice Santa figures. Tasteful but not overblown.
Respected Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:
Christmas in July is ridiculous no matter which retailer does it. But QVC takes it to a whole new low. It never ends; they will push and push and push all the way to Christmas. And as I have said before, on the 26th of December, you will never know there was a holiday the day before. They have the "make a buck and run" mentality. On to the next promotion..... (New Year, New You.)

I think you have written it as I would have!

This is disgusting and more sickenly earlier this year than EVER.  I cannot believe THAT many people want this.  I could not believe when I looked in last night and there was MORE Christmas stuff ALREADY.

I don't care WHO is doing it, it is DISGUSTING.  And boring!!

Hyacinth

Regular Contributor

Even more than the CIJ decor, I can't stand the "Santa's workshop" shows with the toys. Call me old lady grump, but those toy presentations feel so forced and contrived with all the giggling and "OH this is so much FuN!" hoopla. 

Trusted Contributor

The whole thing is ridiculous...so sick of it... Actually heard a caller wish the host "happy holidays ". Seriously???
Take time every day to enjoy where you are without a need to fix it
Respected Contributor

This year I only watching Valerie's and Your home with Jill CIJ shows. I haven't bought anything as it looks all the same to me. I miss Lisa's Christmas shows. She had nice things I bought last year. I have enough Christmas items. I did watch last year and enjoyed it but this year in the heatwave I am not in the spirit to shop.
Esteemed Contributor

I think its fun when retailers have Christmas in July on JULY 25, but an entire month is just too much. And, knowing that in early September it will be all Christmas, all the time makes this month-long event especially tiresome.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat