Honored Contributor

Re: Is there a middle ground?

I remember one of my teachers telling a "bored" student that the only people who are ever bored are very boring people!  

Honored Contributor

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

This board seems as polarized as this country.  I don't know if there is "a middle ground". 

It does seem like when I was a child, there was much more moderation, more middle ground type people in the world.

Maybe we are more polarized than ever, and maybe I was just seeing things through the eyes of a child. And perhaps there has always been this polarization, it just wasn't discussed 24/7/365 on news, the Internet, the cafe and at work. Perhaps we just are more open about our views than many decades ago. I remember being told as a child to never discuss religion and politics in public, those were personal choices, better left unsaid in mixed company. Today's standards are different.

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

This board seems as polarized as this country.  I don't know if there is "a middle ground". 

It does seem like when I was a child, there was much more moderation, more middle ground type people in the world.

Maybe we are more polarized than ever, and maybe I was just seeing things through the eyes of a child. And perhaps there has always been this polarization, it just wasn't discussed 24/7/365 on news, the Internet, the cafe and at work. Perhaps we just are more open about our views than many decades ago. I remember being told as a child to never discuss religion and politics in public, those were personal choices, better left unsaid in mixed company. Today's standards are different.

My mother also taught me that "Politics and religion should never be discussed in polite company."

Honored Contributor

I can only stay on here so long on some days. I know we all have opinions, but when it gets judgemental and goes into attack mode, color me gone, who needs that in this day and age?

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44, I once heard the very same thing. I'd be willing to bet my grandfather, while he was still here, never once thought he was bored. He just kept moving right up until the time of his passing. He was the true "energizer bunny", he just was constantly working at whatever......he grew up a farmboy! I think it was ingrained into him.

Contributor

It has been my experience that on certain product pages anything other than a glowing review is deleted.  There are the few regular posters who gang up on a new poster and refuse to actually answer the posters questions.  They prefer to antagonize and run off the thread those who are having a product issue.  But these would be the regular/constant people who are cheerleaders  of the product.  The moderators seem to prefer the cheerleaders and delete reply comments from the poster who originally was just trying to get feedback on their issues.  Are people paid to defend till the end products on the QVC community pages?  QVC community seems not to be a place to exchange ideas and experiences with products but a place with people who seem to have nothing else to do but goad and belittle people who have issues with products that QVC sells.  In other words a dishonest community forum.  Shame really.  I was just beginning to purchase product from QVC.  I did purchase a lot of one product in excess of over a thousand dollars in 6 months.  I'm going to nix shopping at QVC because of these community pages indifference to their customers on these pages.  Congratulations!  You can blame the Wen forums for this loss of customer.  Also just for the record I do not have never been a Nick Chavez customer.  Maybe the posters on the Wen forum don't know that but QVC most definitely knows it.  

Esteemed Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

To me ,it can get boring on here, i know some think it can get mean by people on here, i see only a little of that, but not able to disscuss some things, i find it can get boring, this is my thoughts and feeling.

I have never been bored in my life. When my body was broken I let my mind keep me from being bored. When my mind was not well, and needed professional help, my body was my tool that got me through some pretty rough times.

Boredom I view as very similar to being happy. A person/place/material things do not equal being happy. Being "bored" or happy is up to the person occupying their body working with "their" mind and/or body to escape being "bored".

Too many rely on others and/or "things" for their happiness and to keep them from being bored. I don't see that as working out too well for most. I have been and will continue to be a bore-free person as long as either my mind and/or my body continues to function.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

I saw some responses on one thread today. I just turned and left. Too much judgment is going on, very harsh, not compassionate. I think this is some of it. I would miss this, if it was gone, but I think rather than such harsh, judgments going on...if you don't like it and you can't say something nice, pass it on by. These people are trying to be fair and when it gets really hard to read some of these statements, they stop it. This is just my opinion. A discussion is one thing..judgment and harshness towards someone can be really bad. If you haven't walked a mile in their shoes, maybe you could. I just think we got enough stuff going on in the world. I like discussions, WWIII I'll pass on. JMHO

Esteemed Contributor

Here is my take on this new and improved (?) Board.  Moderators are reactive rather than proactive.  In other words, they really aren't doing anything other than responding to trigger happy fellow posters who have learned that all they have to do to get a post removed Is report it as inappropriate.   That is why there appears to be no consistency in moderation.

But hey moderators, if I have this wrong, mea culpa.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hello, goldensrbest. Smiley Happy

Lately, I just tend to stay in the Nick Chavez sub-forum. It's nice over there. No arguments or anything of the sort. I post in other places on this forum, but not a lot.

As for middle ground? Sorry, probably not going to happen on this board. A lot of people on this site get very mean-spirited and bent out of shape over the dumbest things. I tend to stay away from threads like that for the most part.

I am glad that QVC added a NIck Chavez sub-forum. I can talk about Nick all I want there. Smiley Very Happy

@Gwen9662, sorry for the harsh treatment you got. It's probably best to just stay away from the WEN forum or any WEN topics. They tend to get heated. I understand if you don't want to post here anymore. But if you change your mind, there's a sub-forum on this board called Among Friends. It's much calmer and much friendlier over there.

Again, sorry that people were mean to you. Just don't pay them any mind. Smiley Happy

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder