Honored Contributor

To me ,it can get boring on here, i know some think it can get mean by people on here, i see only a little of that, but not able to disscuss some things, i find it can get boring, this is my thoughts and feeling.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

Re: Is there a middle ground?

[ Edited ]

It is hard to know what topics we are Allowed to exchange views.

We get in trouble over tiny things....I seem to spend time on other sites on line.   

Honored Contributor

This board seems as polarized as this country.  I don't know if there is "a middle ground". 

Esteemed Contributor

Your post reminds me of something I saw on Facebook:

"The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand.  We listen to reply"

Think it applies here too.  If more people would take a moment to try and understand rather than be the first to reply disputing things, communication will improve.  And hopefully middle ground found.  But unfortunately more people want to be right than understanding.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor

While I respect QVC wanting to maintain their chosen  "standards", the moderators are VERY inconsistent  .... supposedly there should be no talk of religion and politics, but the political comments get poofed and the religious ones are overlooked.

If the moderators can't stick to the published standards ... well .... you get the idea.

Honored Contributor

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

This board seems as polarized as this country.  I don't know if there is "a middle ground". 

Yes, our country is.

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

While I respect QVC wanting to maintain their chosen  "standards", the moderators are VERY inconsistent  .... supposedly there should be no talk of religion and politics, but the political comments get poofed and the religious ones are overlooked.

If the moderators can't stick to the published standards ... well .... you get the idea.

I wish we could talk religion.

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

I think that perhaps religion can be posted about, as in posts where everyone is wishing someone well.  Just no religious debates.

I see no harm in either Gloriajean's threads or Sunala's.

Now for someone to jump on and start debating or degrading (and I see you doing that a lot), then the thread could go downhill.

I would NEVER judge, comment, or snark about someone's religion.  It's about as bad as racist remarks, imho.

Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

I think that perhaps religion can be posted about, as in posts where everyone is wishing someone well.  Just no religious debates.

I see no harm in either Gloriajean's threads or Sunala's.

Now for someone to jump on and start debating or degrading (and I see you doing that a lot), then the thread could go downhill.

I would NEVER judge, comment, or snark about someone's religion.  It's about as bad as racist remarks, imho.

You see me debating or degrading religious threads ... a lot?       Seriously?

Honored Contributor

Another thread was started, about moving to china, some one on there is not being nice, why? Just ignore the thread .