Honored Contributor

Re: Is there a middle ground?

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Lucky Charm wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

While I respect QVC wanting to maintain their chosen  "standards", the moderators are VERY inconsistent  .... supposedly there should be no talk of religion and politics, but the political comments get poofed and the religious ones are overlooked.

If the moderators can't stick to the published standards ... well .... you get the idea.

I think that perhaps religion can be posted about, as in posts where everyone is wishing someone well.  Just no religious debates.

I see no harm in either Gloriajean's threads or Sunala's.

Now for someone to jump on and start debating or degrading (and I see you doing that a lot), then the thread could go downhill.

I would NEVER judge, comment, or snark about someone's religion.  It's about as bad as racist remarks, imho.

You see me debating or degrading religious threads ... a lot?       Seriously?

I guess I should say I see you posting negatively or always questioning religious threads.  Threads like GloriaJean's about the king sized bed. 

QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

The board is heavily censored, we all know that.  There are many other places we can go to discuss real things of interest, there are many places we can go to discuss subjects that affect our lives and our communities.  We cannot do that here and since that this is QVC's board, I accept that.  I can discuss politics and current events with family and friends and on other sites.  The only problem I have with our "babysitters" is that the censorship (which is what it is) is arbitrary and subjective and apparently has no rules.  The moderators are free to do whatever pleases them on any particular day.  It's often comical.  You'll see that a response or thread is deemed to be "political" or "mean spirited" or "argumentative but if you read other threads, you find things that are many times worse.....and yet.....those comments remain.  Sometimes something is censored and it's simply an unpopular opinion. 

Honored Contributor

lolcat-funny-picture-moderator1.jpg

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I see gloriajean's thread as inspirational and a way to learn more about faith. Yes, it is religious but no one really debates religion there that I have ever seen.  She puts a lot of work into it and it hurts no one and is helpful to some.

I think it would be interesting to have a thread for political viewpoints and a thread for religious viewpoints.  If I were QVC (and allowed these threads) it would be with the understanding that you could register no complaints.  If you come to one of these, you should understand that you take what you get and QVC can stop it if THEY think it's crossed a boundary and too hot to handle.  Otherwise you would "travel at your own risk"....no reporting and no whining.  If it get's too bad for you...you leave.  If it gets to bad for QVC....they poof and they need not give a reason.

Honored Contributor

I don't know about a singular thread, but they DID have a forum for this stuff here, and it went VERY badly.  

Being that this is a retail site, I can understand how they don't want this kind of contention on their board.   It makes sense. 

Honored Contributor

While I believe people should be respectful of other peoples opinions (because that is all they are - opinions) when I start reading a thread that the moderators are removing items from I just stop reading it.  I think it is like reading a book with pages torn out.  I would rather have them delete the whole thread. 

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

I don't know about a singular thread, but they DID have a forum for this stuff here, and it went VERY badly.  

Being that this is a retail site, I can understand how they don't want this kind of contention on their board.   It makes sense. 

I remember that forum, and it did go very badly.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@chickenbutt wrote:

********  I can see the wisdom behind this but I think.... the way it stands now... more and more people will leave.  While that might bother us....it probably won't bother QVC!!!!!  I do think these threads draw attention to their products but that can be good or bad too.  Who really knows??  I sure don't.   I just know, while there are still a lot of nice posters here, I sure miss some of the old ones who were here when I started.  I liked viewpoints, too.  If people could'nt take it...I never understood why they just didn't leave that particular thread and quit posting.  It's so simple. 

Honored Contributor

Good points, Jubilant!   Sometimes the incessant complaining borders on juvenile.  If I truly cannot stand it somewhere - I'm gone.  It's quite simple.   Choices - we all have them.  Smiley Happy   I choose to be here because in the 10+ years I've been here I've made some pretty good friends.    Sometimes I read stuff here that is annoying, at best.  But nothing is perfect.

Also, as to those who complain ad nauseam about not being able to discuss politics or religion (although I think they go pretty far - too far IMO - to allow religion here lately) - There is a whole world wide internet out there with a zillion board and social media outlets where one can discuss such things.  

Why is it that some must have this one tiny little place be their everything?  (ok, that was rhetorical)  hehe  Smiley Happy