Valued Contributor

Poll: Do You Buy Calendars For The New Year Or..

Do you buy a desk, wall, or other calendar for the New Year?  Or do you print one out like i do?

I always used to buy a big one to hang on the fridge featuring the big Airedales when i had them, or florals or other decorative photos. Since my fridge is recessed now, i have just been printing out plain old sheets for each month with daily squares big enough to mark my appts, special dates (birthdays, etc.). I print out a year's worth, staple (so it becomes a "tear-off" calendar), and tape to the wall by my computer! Light weight, practical, oh and frugal! Yikes! lol

Whichever calendar you use.. 'hope your New Year is a good one Heart ~ sue

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*Kindness is a gift everyone can afford to give.
**Be the reason someone smiles today : )
Respected Contributor

Re: Poll: Do You Buy Calendars For The New Year Or..

No paper calendars for me.

I use a calendar that shares between my phone, computer and tablet.  No worries about losing data as I back-up daily.  I haven't used a paper calendar in years.

Valued Contributor

I wait until New Year's Day, when Barnes & Noble has all their pretty calendars for 50% off, and then I pick out a new engagement calendar for my desk at home.  Following that, I then walk over to my favorite brew pub and have my special "good luck" mac 'n cheese.

It's my own silly little ritual, but I like it.

"Behold! We are not bound forever to the circles of the world, and beyond them is more than memory." J.R.R. Tolkien
Honored Contributor

I buy one full-size wall calendar for my home office, one regular mini wall calendar for my master bath, and one smaller mini wall for my kitchen.

I also buy one more full-size wall calendar for a friend that's specific to an interest of hers.   It's a beautiful one - I get the same one each year.  Of course the pics vary.

There are so many beautiful calendars!  I've actually framed pictures from calendars over the years!  The only problem about that is that i can never throw them away.  

I usually get certain animal type pics, or baby animals, or songbirds is another favorite of mine.  Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

I order a big 12 x 12 one from Shutterfly with pictures of my dog.  It's fun to pick out the borders and colors, etc.  I take seasonal pictures to match the months and I just love seeing it every day.  Shutterfly stores all of my important birthdays, so I don't have to update that every year.  I still use my Yahoo calendar for important dates and appointments.

Valued Contributor

Thanks, Sue!  You as well!!  I still buy a big ol' fashioned calendar, usually of landscapes, that I hang on the wall and write notes on.  I look forward to finding a new one every year.  How sad!!  Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

I don't remember how it started, but years ago DH began getting me a new Sierra Club calendar every Christmas.

I love the monthly photographs, they're always beautiful, and there's space to make note of appointments for each day.  I've kept each calendar for years and years, for sentimental reasons, noting celebrations, etc.

Here's my newest calendar:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/619KxYEqS0L._SX258_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Beautiful @Noel7!  I hadn't bought one yet so I just ordered it.  Thanks for posting this!!  Smiley Happy

ETA:  Bought mine on "the bay" and the same seller has 2 left at only $8.71.  For any dinosaurs like me who are interested, search Sierra Club Wilderness Calendar 2016. 

Honored Contributor

That's beautiful, Noel!

We got a lovely one, with interesting, unique, landscapes this year from our investment guy.   I'm trying to think of a place to put it, since I already have the three I always hang.   

I usually buy mine in Oct or Nov, so I get them before any that might come in the mail.

Valued Contributor

@Buck-i-Nana wrote:

No paper calendars for me.

I use a calendar that shares between my phone, computer and tablet.  No worries about losing data as I back-up daily.  I haven't used a paper calendar in years.

That's a great way to go! I'm just not on the computer or tablet that often, whereas i can just walk by my wall calendar and see things at a glance w/out touching any screens! lol As for my phone, i call it a "leash-and-collar" lol and often "misplace" it during the day! Oh, and it's off at night! Cheers!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*Kindness is a gift everyone can afford to give.
**Be the reason someone smiles today : )