Respected Contributor

Re: Is there a middle ground?

Nope. No middle ground in politics or religion.

AND in some cases, even certain products around here! You take your life in your hands with an opinion!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I appreciate gloriajean and Sunala's threads. I read both threads.  It is what it is, and no one gets snarky or rude.   

As far as politics go, it can be so polarizing.  Politics are polarizing!!!y  I am not sure there is middle ground, unless one can be neutral in public.  Most people cling to their politics, we  protect our stance and views!!    The Art is   listening to someones political views, putting your belief down without putting the person down. Take something away from the conversation.  But it doesn't happen on a board with posters from all over the country. When we are in our own environment and social circles, we usually hang with those of similar views.  Among our own we usually can discuss politics without doo doo slinging. But among such a diverse group it is hard!    Oh boy, I remember the 2000 elections, and the 2008 elections..it was horrible.Even the cable news channels got so bad, I quit watching news all together for a few years!   I remember feeling angry.  The boards shouldn't do that.  Things on these boards start out as an intelligent conversation...respectful and enlightening.  Then after 130 post (that is the benchmark for civilized conversation, LOL!), things took a turn.  Then the poo-poo slinging and name calling started!

Respected Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@AngusandBuddhasMom wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

@AngusandBuddhasMom wrote:

I think that on these forums if you have a difference of opinion with the OP and those that are in like mindedness with the OP you will get trashed. You will be called rude, judgmental ect. Well so be it I will continue to post my pov. 

Agreed. We now have people judging others as judgmental, rude, etc. because posters are expressing themselves well within the forum standards, not in any way delete-able, but if the OP or some bleeding heart on behalf of the poor poor OP doesn't approve, they ask for a thread to be deleted

, closed, etc. Apparently the new "thing" on these forums is if others feel like it, they will aim to get threads deleted just because they don't think the thread should remain, regardless of not violating standards. And there are some moderators who just rubber-stamp poof. 

Sorry for the double post my computer will not allow me to access the delete.

That being said I agree with you.  I am often taken to task and it seems at times like a personal crusade for those who may see my pov but can't get over how I may feel politically to be adult enough to agree or just not comment.

I had that happen yesterday and it was laughable.  How are we going to learn to get along if we can not respect difference? Telling me that I am rude and its none of my business? Wow that just was ridiculous. I gathered that the slew of posters who blathered on in agreement with the OP were allowed to make it their business but since I came from a different perspective I was being rude and it was clearly not my business.

I should add that I was NOT referring to anything political, since I had omitted that part of your post in my reply and was agreeing with your opening paragraph. I do not post politically on these forums.

That's fine that is your choice but my point was not about posting political. My point is that certain people view my posts based on what if ANY post I have made on a thread that may have political connotations. 

I will post with anyone I am up for any discussion if it is of interest to me. But I wont base my reply to someone based on how they view politics. And I find that happens here a lot. 

I believe we can have grown up discussions but unfortunately they become schoolyard brawls and get removed or closed. I find the fact that some people can not formulate an opinion or answer away from politics and so they get nasty and personal.  Right there you have lost my interest and instead of agreeing to disagree they will look for things like grammar etc.