Honored Contributor

Re: Is there a middle ground?

I've heard hosts talk of the president and his wife (in casual conversation while selling). 

I think some of the hosts went to one of the inaugurations or *balls* they hold as I remember seeing pictures of several gathered together dresses up in gowns.

No need to hide (*hush hush*) anything like this as I find it perfectly okay-- even though he wasn't my choice.

May've not been their choice, but hey, you get the invite, you get a pedi and GO!  lol.

Honored Contributor

@Gwen9662 wrote:

It has been my experience that on certain product pages anything other than a glowing review is deleted.  There are the few regular posters who gang up on a new poster and refuse to actually answer the posters questions.  They prefer to antagonize and run off the thread those who are having a product issue.  But these would be the regular/constant people who are cheerleaders  of the product.  The moderators seem to prefer the cheerleaders and delete reply comments from the poster who originally was just trying to get feedback on their issues.  Are people paid to defend till the end products on the QVC community pages?  QVC community seems not to be a place to exchange ideas and experiences with products but a place with people who seem to have nothing else to do but goad and belittle people who have issues with products that QVC sells.  In other words a dishonest community forum.  Shame really.  I was just beginning to purchase product from QVC.  I did purchase a lot of one product in excess of over a thousand dollars in 6 months.  I'm going to nix shopping at QVC because of these community pages indifference to their customers on these pages.  Congratulations!  You can blame the Wen forums for this loss of customer.  Also just for the record I do not have never been a Nick Chavez customer.  Maybe the posters on the Wen forum don't know that but QVC most definitely knows it.  

Sorry but I'm really not clear on your comments .... you purchased a thousand dollars of Wen, but are now mad with QVC because of their message boards?    

I hope you realize that the people who post on here do not represent QVC.     Yes, there are a lot of spirited conversations, and differing opinions, but you'll find that on ANY message board anywhere!   This is really nothing new.

If you don't like the tone of a discussion, you don't have to participate ..... but don't blame QVC!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

While I respect QVC wanting to maintain their chosen  "standards", the moderators are VERY inconsistent  .... supposedly there should be no talk of religion and politics, but the political comments get poofed and the religious ones are overlooked.

If the moderators can't stick to the published standards ... well .... you get the idea.

Sometimes political conversations are allowed to stay too.

Then there's the alternate nic issue.

Different rules for different people.  That's what it seems to be.

Keepin' it real.
Esteemed Contributor

@esmerelda wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

While I respect QVC wanting to maintain their chosen  "standards", the moderators are VERY inconsistent  .... supposedly there should be no talk of religion and politics, but the political comments get poofed and the religious ones are overlooked.

If the moderators can't stick to the published standards ... well .... you get the idea.

Esmeralda, is that you??? Or is it a new Esme. It's me, DF. Haven't seen you in a long time here. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@RainCityWoman wrote:

@esmerelda wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

Esmeralda, is that you??? Or is it a new Esme. It's me, DF. Haven't seen you in a long time here. 

It's me.  They didn't like the longer version, and frankly I was tired of typing it out.  So I'm esme now.  And I like it! 

I'm not here often.  I think I read somewhere it was boring...and sometimes it seems that way.

It's still a good source of information on products and other things. 

Keepin' it real.
Esteemed Contributor

@esmerelda wrote:

@RainCityWoman wrote:

@esmerelda wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

It's me.  They didn't like the longer version, and frankly I was tired of typing it out.  So I'm esme now.  And I like it! 

I'm not here often.  I think I read somewhere it was boring...and sometimes it seems that way.

It's still a good source of information on products and other things. 

I had to change my RainCityGirl nick when the new board came up because I had bought a new computer with an icloud addy. When I changed the addy, the board told me my old name was taken. Of course it was.....by ME with the old addy. Hence, I am RainyDayGirl now. I still haven't learned yet how to negotiate this site so I still can't get pictures to post. The emoticons are just a blur to me. I can't even figure out what most of them are, and I always have my glasses on. No help whatsoever.

Honored Contributor

Like a demeanerterized zone?

Honored Contributor

@AngusandBuddhasMom wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

@AngusandBuddhasMom wrote:

I think that on these forums if you have a difference of opinion with the OP and those that are in like mindedness with the OP you will get trashed. You will be called rude, judgmental ect. Well so be it I will continue to post my pov. 

Agreed. We now have people judging others as judgmental, rude, etc. because posters are expressing themselves well within the forum standards, not in any way delete-able, but if the OP or some bleeding heart on behalf of the poor poor OP doesn't approve, they ask for a thread to be deleted

, closed, etc. Apparently the new "thing" on these forums is if others feel like it, they will aim to get threads deleted just because they don't think the thread should remain, regardless of not violating standards. And there are some moderators who just rubber-stamp poof. 

Sorry for the double post my computer will not allow me to access the delete.

That being said I agree with you.  I am often taken to task and it seems at times like a personal crusade for those who may see my pov but can't get over how I may feel politically to be adult enough to agree or just not comment.

I had that happen yesterday and it was laughable.  How are we going to learn to get along if we can not respect difference? Telling me that I am rude and its none of my business? Wow that just was ridiculous. I gathered that the slew of posters who blathered on in agreement with the OP were allowed to make it their business but since I came from a different perspective I was being rude and it was clearly not my business.

I should add that I was NOT referring to anything political, since I had omitted that part of your post in my reply and was agreeing with your opening paragraph. I do not post politically on these forums.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

To me ,it can get boring on here, i know some think it can get mean by people on here, i see only a little of that, but not able to disscuss some things, i find it can get boring, this is my thoughts and feeling.

@goldensrbest I do think that years ago, the threads moved faster.

Esteemed Contributor

Apparently there wasn't any "middle ground" on a post that got poofed an hour ago for being "political." I may have missed the last post, but I didn't see the thread as political. Someone must have reported it as political so the mods rushed off their tuffets to poof the thread. The only threads I report are those threads that get put in every forum selling something. Otherwise my attitude is live and let live.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop