Regular Contributor

Fraud is a synonym of deception and cheating, for financial gain.  Whether it was a mistake or not, if it was not corrected, fraud can be used as  the proper term.  Okay, continue to bully on now, since you all know EVERYTHING!!!  And the let some person from QVC wipe this post out, I am sick of this.

Honored Contributor

@comedy clubber wrote:

Fraud is a synonym of deception and cheating, for financial gain.  Whether it was a mistake or not, if it was not corrected, fraud can be used as  the proper term.  Okay, continue to bully on now, since you all know EVERYTHING!!!  And the let some person from QVC wipe this post out, I am sick of this.

Okay.

Glad it all worked out for you.

Honored Contributor

@comedy clubber wrote:

@comedy clubber  I certainly don't bully, and from reading this thread I cannot see where anyone else had that intention.  If anything, posters were honestly trying to help you.  That's all; you posted in a forum and most people tried to help.

You are providing a definitoin of the word fraud that in every day conversation would be unchallenged.  However, there's a huge difference when dealing with businesses, a huge difference.  Here, your term is critically incorrect.  Fraud, in the way you stated in your OP is a civil or criminal, legal term, which is fraught with very serious ramifications.   In your 1st post, the word meant the insurance company had deliberate and intentional deception practices to deprive you of legal right or money for monetary gain or other reasons. 

The insurance company made a mistake.  If the rep on the phone admitted to "fraud,' they were mistaken and could be fired if their corporate management heard.  They probably just wanted to rectify their mistake and provide you the service you are entitled, and move on.

Posters were just trying to explain the difference and danger in using that word in that context.  Companies have taken people to court for just such statements. 

I'm glad it all worked out for you.