Respected Contributor

We saw Paul Simon (his farewell tour) Saturday night.  His voice was exceptional, particularly since he's been touring for months.  The venue was packed.  According to the playlist, he sang 26 selections without an intermission.  We would have been happier if he sang more S&G selections but he understandly did a lot of stuff off his solo albums. Our biggest disappointment was there was no Mrs. Robinson. At least he ended with The Sound(s) of Silence.

Honored Contributor

I am so happy that he is on tour and is well.  When I heard him sing at a certain national convention on TV, he looked and sounded awful.

i am glad to hear he is doing better and you enjoyed his performance.

Respected Contributor

@Carmie

I too saw the performance you saw and you are right, it wasn't good.

A friend saw PS last spring and said he was great.  Based on her recommendation I bought tickets.

As I said, he sounded like the old Paul Simon when he sang, but when he spoke, he slurred his words, making it difficult (at times) to understand him.

Esteemed Contributor

Lucky you!  76, he is.

Cogito ergo sum
Trusted Contributor

Maybe hitting his wife took something out of him.

Honored Contributor

at least you did hear one of the 2 most classic songs of all times.

love both those songs, at times i will just begin to sing either song while i am taking my daily walks. just the birds can hear me, my audience is always appreciative (I get no boos just lots of squawking LOL)

Trusted Contributor

Leaving in an hour to see him here in Pittsburgh. I haven't been to a concert in years. Looking forward to hearing some good, old classics.

Honored Contributor

I'm so jealous!   Love Simon and I am still a huge Simon & Garfunkel fan.

I wanted to see the both of them so badly and never got to.  

Respected Contributor

@NEvans2 wrote:

Leaving in an hour to see him here in Pittsburgh. I haven't been to a concert in years. Looking forward to hearing some good, old classics.

@NEvans2

Enjoy!

Trusted Contributor

The concert was excellent! He played from 8:10 to 10:50. No opening act, no intermissions. Did three encores. I was not disappointed in the playlist. Wasn't really expecting a lot of the old stuff when he was still with Garfunkel. They've been broken up for a very long time. But he did not disappoint. He did do quite a few of the old S&G classics. A lot of his solo stuff. Even the few songs I didn't recognize were great. He probably has some of the most fantastic back up musicians I have ever heard. A lot of talent in the PPG Paints arena that night. So glad I went!