Respected Contributor

@comedy clubber wrote:

Hey, guess what.  I won.  I was right, the insurance company, and apparently most of you were wrong.  What matters to me is that  the error they made has been corrected.

@comedy clubber, it's good you were able to get the error corrected. 

And also good that you now view it as an error rather than fraud. Fraud is a serious charge. The term should not be tossed out casually, IMO.

Glad it all worked out for you.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Insurance fraud, IMO

[ Edited ]

I'm laughing over this one! I got snookered again following this thread!

Honored Contributor

If anything happens to the car before new ownership, its your car....you would need to take care of it.  To me it is not worth it.  Pay the insurance for peace of mind, 

Esteemed Contributor

@comedy clubber wrote:

Hey, guess what.  I won.  I was right, the insurance company, and apparently most of you were wrong.  What matters to me is that  the error they made has been corrected.

So that's what it was - an error.  Not fraud.

As many of us said, it's wrong to jump to a conclusion and randomly accuse a company of insurance fraud.  Clearly that's not what it was at all, and you were wrong to defame them in that way.

Regular Contributor

Perhaps you do not understand.  If they did not correct the situation, it would have been fraud, which they admitted.  But since they admitted to a major error,  they cannot be charged with fraud by the governing agency.  The governing agency could have fined them and given them other penalties.

Regular Contributor

And oh and by the way, the car will be sold tomorrow, half the blue book price, an oil change yesterday, new wipers yesterday, full service car wash yesterday and half a tank of gas.  I am a much nicer person than many of you have judged me to be.

Honored Contributor

@comedy clubber wrote:

Perhaps you do not understand.  If they did not correct the situation, it would have been fraud, which they admitted.  But since they admitted to a major error,  they cannot be charged with fraud by the governing agency.  The governing agency could have fined them and given them other penalties.

Um no, not really because when the policy was finally cancelled or when the vehicle was removed (if it was a second vehicle) they would have found the error and made the necessary adjustments and/or refund...

Valued Contributor
@comedyclubber.

Many posters have tried to explain insurance procedures and laws. Nothing about what you described could be considered fraud. That is what many posters have tried to tell you. Not fraud. That is a big word and it did not apply to your issue. Glad it all worked out for you.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Insurance fraud, IMO

[ Edited ]

@comedy clubber wrote:

Sorry, I don't believe that.  I don't think you have any idea what insurance fraud actually is, and I don't believe for a second that they admitted "it would have been fraud".

Your version of what transpired sounds suspect to me.  You defamed an insurance company unnecessarily.  That's all I see here.

Honored Contributor

@comedy clubber wrote:

And oh and by the way, the car will be sold tomorrow, half the blue book price, an oil change yesterday, new wipers yesterday, full service car wash yesterday and half a tank of gas.  I am a much nicer person than many of you have judged me to be.

i dont think anyone judged you as a person or said you were not nice. i do think that you mislead everyone by talking about insurance fraud, which ithis situation was not. it was a mistake  or misunderstanding by your insurance agent as it turns out.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein