Honored Contributor

Oh the world is your oyster!

With that kind of money, you could go to welder's school and get certified.

Or buy a used low rider (needs engine and body work).

Go to Atlantic City and put in all on ..... drum roll....red, no black!

Or, buy a solid gold bangle.  QVC has one that I got and LOVE!  J357159.  Check out Sarraf for better prices per gram.

Honored Contributor

I took family jewelry and had it re-designed into a pendant with inheritance money.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

How about in memory of them INSTEAD of "for all the work you did for them". 

You could purchase a piece of jewelry in their memory. I would purchase a bench or something with their name (parents or just Dad) engraved on it and put it in a park or somewhere that they loved being! 

Honored Contributor

I would take a trip somewhere....if you don't have someone to travel with lots of women travel alone with tour groups.  There are tour groups that cater to single women.

Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkerbell3 wrote:

How about in memory of them INSTEAD of "for all the work you did for them". 

You could purchase a piece of jewelry in their memory. I would purchase a bench or something with their name (parents or just Dad) engraved on it and put it in a park or somewhere that they loved being! 

No, @Tinkerbell3 her parents already decided they wanted her to have the inheritance in memory of them. 

Honored Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

@rms1954...There was nothing wrong with the other poster mentioning she inherited money and she certainly wasn't justifying spending it.  I would have done the same thing, don't understand why you chastised her for it.  Many posters here tell us how something was acquired.  Either they won something, was given a gift, bought it, or inherited it. 

@Lindsays Grandma and @lovemygrands.  Did I say it was wrong?   Nope.  Did I chastise her?  Nope.  I certainly was not being mean.  If you take what I said and find some way to make it what you think, then that's on you. 

"There really was no need to tell how you accumulated the money or your justifying spending some of it.  As to what you want to spend it on, that would be your call.  I would need no suggestions myself, if it were me.  I find this of a personal nature."

Those are my exact words above. 

Honored Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@Lindsays Grandma I agree. I posted a similar response to that person. IMO she was just being snotty.

@Love my grandkids   I know you did, I gave you a heart for it.  I just can't understand why some people have to be mean.

How sweet.  Birds of a feather.

Respected Contributor

@MarceilI think your initial idea of buying a piece of jewelry is a very nice idea.  With your Mom and Dad in mind go to your favorite jewelry store, look around and see if anything catches your eye and your heart.  Not sure if you wear a watch, but you can get yourself a nice timepiece to wear to remind you of the time you spent with your parents.  I personally luv a nice watch.

If you do like to travel a trip is nice, but these days $2000 won't get you very far for very long. 

Regardless, you deserve a nice treat and I'm sorry for your loss.  Your Dad lived a good long life.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Frequent Contributor

No offense taken Imtep.  Thanks for all the suggestions.  I like what someone said about a ring or bracelet because it's something I will see often.  The birthstones idea is nice.  In the meantime I will wait till something catches my eye like some of you said.

Valued Contributor

I am sorry for your loss.  I have been there.  When it popped in my head that it was now my money, I bought it.  I did not need approval.  It was mine to do what I wanted with.