Valued Contributor

Re: If you could live anywhere, where would you live? And where would your 2nd home be?!

@Buffalogal47 wrote:

@wvumountiefan New York State is beautiful anywhere you go, except NYC. Like you said, there are so many beautiful towns and there is so much history here. I have traveled extensively and although there are many beautiful places, for me, nothing beats my home state. Niagara Falls, the beaches on the 2 Great Lakes, Erie and Ontario, the Niagara River; the hills in the Southern Tier: It's breathtaking. And I love the seasons, especially fall and winter. Come back and visit some more; there is lots to see and do here.

---

I loved the time I spent in upstate New York (Saratoga County).

I can't imagine anywhere more beautiful in Fall and Winter. 

I would trade where I live now, without hesitation, to return there if we could.

Honored Contributor

Re: If you could live anywhere, where would you live? And where would your 2nd home be?!

Vancouver, BC
Central CA coast
Boulder, CO
Honored Contributor

With the warm summers here, I'd say Alaska in summer.

Honored Contributor

Ireland, near the ocean. Wouldn't really need a second home. 

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Esteemed Contributor

I would definitely want to live in my favorite vacation spot-beautiful Costa Rica! I love the cuisine, activities, and island lifestyle on the Caribbean side. The low cost of living in smaller, lesser know towns, is also a plus. La pura vida!!!😁

A second home in Japan is where I would love to retire, because the culture, history, and architecture have always appealed to me. I watch Japanese programming whenever I can, just to see the beautiful scenery.  When I hit the lottery...😄

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The Texas Hill Country and a second residence to escape the summer heat----probably Vermont, stay there for a few weeks to enjoy the beautiful fall scenary, and when in starts to get real cold,  then come back to good ole Texas...........

Top Romantic Restaurants in the Texas Hill Country ...

.Fredericksburg Texas Area Attractions and Activities ...

Spring Wildflowers in Texas Hill Country - Flowers & Nature ...

7 things you need to properly experience fall in Vermont.

Fall Foliage

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

We retired to Ann Arbor MI and are very happy here.

If it were free, I would take a beach house in CT near our son.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

In the Marina del rey area of Southern California.  Specifically Cameo Shores.  This is a community built on cliffs overlooking (front vew & from side views) the Pacific ocean.  It is techniclally one of the most expensive neighborhoods to live in the U.S. It's part of Newport Beach.   Homes average in price from $9 million up

Typical home there

515 Cameo Highlands Dr, Corona del Mar, CA 92625 | MLS# NP17035521 ...

Respected Contributor

I live in New England and love it. Fairly close to the ocean. Our house is in the woods. At this point we should move closer to our son and his family. It's hard leaving a home we love.

Honored Contributor

The beautiful mountains of East Tennessee, where I was born and raised..  I adore the Great Smoky Mountains...

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee