Respected Contributor

Re: If you could live anywhere, where would you live? And where would your 2nd home be?!

Well, Mars was already spoken for...  My dream is to go back to Minnesota.

A large plot of wooded land, with a house right in the middle.  A full view of Lake Superior.  Somewhere near Gooseberry Falls or Split Rock.

I wouldn't need a 2nd home...Heart

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Esteemed Contributor

Re: If you could live anywhere, where would you live? And where would your 2nd home be?!

@aubnwa01 wrote:

@songbird wrote:

In the Marina del rey area of Southern California.  Specifically Cameo Shores.  This is a community built on cliffs overlooking (front vew & from side views) the Pacific ocean.  It is techniclally one of the most expensive neighborhoods to live in the U.S. It's part of Newport Beach.   Homes average in price from $9 million up

Typical home there

515 Cameo Highlands Dr, Corona del Mar, CA 92625 | MLS# NP17035521 ...

@songbird   Do you mean Corona del Mar?  Marina Del Rey is just north of LAX, between Westchester & Venice/Santa Monica & there are no cliffs there, it's pretty flat.  (I grew up near there)

I was thinking the same thing. I'm familiar with Marina del Rey - I remember when it was built in the mid-1960s - nowhere near Newport Beach.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@kivah wrote:

@aubnwa01 wrote:

@songbird wrote:

In the Marina del rey area of Southern California.  Specifically Cameo Shores.  This is a community built on cliffs overlooking (front vew & from side views) the Pacific ocean.  It is techniclally one of the most expensive neighborhoods to live in the U.S. It's part of Newport Beach.   Homes average in price from $9 million up

Typical home there

515 Cameo Highlands Dr, Corona del Mar, CA 92625 | MLS# NP17035521 ...

@songbird   Do you mean Corona del Mar?  Marina Del Rey is just north of LAX, between Westchester & Venice/Santa Monica & there are no cliffs there, it's pretty flat.  (I grew up near there)

I was thinking the same thing. I'm familiar with Marina del Rey - I remember when it was built in the mid-1960s - nowhere near Newport Beach.

When I was in college (about 1970 or so), we'd go out at night & park the car on the Playa del Rey side & cross the footbridge to the breakwater in Ballona Creek & walk out to the end of the breakwater on the rocks.  You could look back at the lights of Marina Del Rey, it was pretty.

ETA: We'd also go out to where there used to be fancy homes between the ends of the runways of LAX & the beach above Pershing Dr. & park & watch the jets take off.  At that time, there were still roads & curbs up there & even a few homes, though I think they were unoccupied by then.  We'd get out & stand in the middle of a cul-de-sac that looked directly down the barrel of an outbound runway & watch the big jets line up at the far end & come barreling down the runway towards us & lift off at the last moment & they were so low, you almost felt you could touch them & it was so loud, we couldn't hear each other scream!  Stupid kids!  It may be part of the reason I'm half deaf now!  I  moved away in '77, but I think that whole area is now fenced off as a bird sanctuary & you can't get up there anymore

Trusted Contributor

@Styleovertrend  Sedona, AZ, and two properties from YouTubers I watch: Holmes County, OH (The White Cottage Co.) and The Netherlands (LouLou Mini Dachshund) - both properties are absolutely beautiful.

F/N/A luvstogarden
Trusted Contributor

@dulwich wrote:

My home is Cornwall, England but presently living here attending to family and we are happy  -  but my place is U.K. always.

@dulwich  I always wanted to live in the country in England, but would never be able to get used to driving on the other side of the road. Is it hard for you here in the US to remember to stay on the right side of roads? 

F/N/A luvstogarden