Respected Contributor

Re: If you could live anywhere, where would you live? And where would your 2nd home be?!

@Styleovertrend 

First Place:

Somewhere on Long Beach Island NJ or Avalon, NJ...Grew up going to the shore and still have sand in my shoes.

Second place:

BARBADOS - it's beyond gorgeous.

Third Place:

Ireland - the lush greenery, the cows, aaaaahhhh I'd have a farmette and be happy as a clam!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: If you could live anywhere, where would you live? And where would your 2nd home be?!

I have lived in the SF Bay area, New Jersey and now TX.  I have kids in So Cal and Seattle.  If you had asked me last year I would have answered High rise in Seattle over looking the market, no way today, another choice San Francisco, no way today, third NY City, again no way today. It makes me so sad to see what has happened to these three beautiful Cities that I have enjoyed so much over the years.  Guess I would go back to a place of fantastic memories, the Jersey Shore.  But I would stay in this country.

Trusted Contributor

@wvumountiefan New York State is beautiful anywhere you go, except NYC. Like you said, there are so many beautiful towns and there is so much history here. I have traveled extensively and although there are many beautiful places, for me, nothing beats my home state. Niagara Falls, the beaches on the 2 Great Lakes, Erie and Ontario, the Niagara River; the hills in the Southern Tier: It's breathtaking. And I love the seasons, especially fall and winter. Come back and visit some more; there is lots to see and do here.

Honored Contributor

@Buffalogal47 wrote:

@wvumountiefan New York State is beautiful anywhere you go, except NYC. Like you said, there are so many beautiful towns and there is so much history here. I have traveled extensively and although there are many beautiful places, for me, nothing beats my home state. Niagara Falls, the beaches on the 2 Great Lakes, Erie and Ontario, the Niagara River; the hills in the Southern Tier: It's breathtaking. And I love the seasons, especially fall and winter. Come back and visit some more; there is lots to see and do here.

@Buffalogal47  I also live in NY. People don't realize sometimes how big NY state is. I am in southern NY. The ocean is near as is the beautiful Hudson River Valley, many mountain ranges. Then go up north or west and there's even more like you said. We have friends in the Adirondacks and travel there quite a bit. Just beautiful any time of year. And can't forget Long Island. Beaches, vineyards, farms. 

Esteemed Contributor

Born and Raised in NYC - but so fortunate to have moved to southern California many years ago. I so appreciate living here - as I have memories of the hot/humid summers and the cold/freezing winters. When I watch the news on tv - there are storms in this area; tornadoes in that area; floods in other areas - and, yes, earthquakes in various areas.

I live in north Oxnard (ventura county) -- gorgeous weather all year long. 

This area gets the breeze from the ocean --- no fog or SMOG!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@kivah wrote:

Born and Raised in NYC - but so fortunate to have moved to southern California many years ago. I so appreciate living here - as I have memories of the hot/humid summers and the cold/freezing winters. When I watch the news on tv - there are storms in this area; tornadoes in that area; floods in other areas - and, yes, earthquakes in various areas.

I've travelled to Israel, Europe, the Caribbean, Mexico ----- I'll take southern Calif.

I live in north Oxnard (ventura county) -- gorgeous weather all year long.

I live 15 minutes to all shopping. 15-20 minutes to several beaches.

This area gets the breeze from the ocean --- no fog or SMOG!!!!

Honored Contributor

I love the midwest.  Especially rural midwest.  I also love the Great Lakes in Michigan. I really don't imagine myself veering too far from home ......here in rural Indiana. We have, however, vacationed in Michigan and I believe I could easily love living on one of the big lakes.  I prefer lakes over oceans and quaint towns over cities.

Respected Contributor

Ireland - lots of relatives/ancestors from there and it is my happy place.

Smiley Happy

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Respected Contributor

I would love to have a second home in Bermuda, because it is the most relaxing beautiful, place I've ever been to.  I'd have a home in the area Mike Bloomberg, and Michael Douglas have theirs. Then they would complain to one another, "There goes the neighborhood!" and hopefully move out, making room for more of us!  Party On!

Oh, I'd also keep this little shack here to remain humble.  😊 

Trusted Contributor

Santa Barbara, CA