Honored Contributor

Re: I won't be watching football anymore

1. "Boycott" brings to mind groups of people, not a single statement by a single person.

2. ONE incident of assault is enough for prosecution.

Honored Contributor

On 9/11/2014 KittyLouWhoToo said:

1. "Boycott" brings to mind groups of people, not a single statement by a single person.

Ok I don't know why we are splitting hairs, how about choice? As for number 2, I guess the charges were dropped or dismissed.

Honored Contributor

On 9/11/2014 Peachysue said:

I am a victim of spousal abuse as well & that was many years ago- I've gone on with my life and learned to not let it run my life- I love football and Chik Fil-A. There's spousal abuse all over the world, whether it be by words, physical or just plain horrible treatment- we can't let it ruin things we enjoy or like.. my ex worked for Federal Express but I still use them- I am not being cold hearted and I care, I care a lot- my abuse was both physical and mental- it's taken me years to let go... and for that I am the better person!

OP is certainly entitled to her feelings about this, don't you think?

Not all experiences are the same.

I wasn't meaning anything about OP's feelings- excuse me! Spousal abuse is spousal abuse regardless of how ones' experiences are or were... I had a gun to my head and a knife at my throat- that doesn't mean my experience was any worse than anyone else's... I am really sorry I even shared now..

My sincere apology to graceandmercy! I did not, did not mean to take your thread off course!

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

On 9/11/2014 SydneyH said:

Ok I don't know why we are splitting hairs, how about choice? As for number 2, I guess the charges were dropped or dismissed.

I won't be "splitting" any more "hairs" on this topic.

Super Contributor

If you don't want to watch the NFL, don't.

I can't/won't allow others have control over what I enjoy. I believe that there are a lot of good guys that play football and other sports that a few bad guys won't deter me.

There are bad people in every walk of life and if we allow them to control our behaviors and likes, to me, that's not a good thing.

I'm sorry that the OP was abused. It must have been horrible and terrifying. I cannot imagine what that would be like and how I'd react.

Valued Contributor

On 9/1same1/2014 shesallthat said:

it won't stop me from watching - and i love Chik Fil A,too!!!{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

same here!

Every perfect gift is from above.
Honored Contributor

On 9/11/2014 sidsmom said:
<br />

Unfortunately in the Court of Law, accusations & rumors can't convict anyone. Right or wrong, he might have a case.

I think Goddell is under pressure to lift the suspension. What a mess.

Honored Contributor

Unfortunately, the victim doesn't want to press charges.

This is not uncommon in domestic violence cases.

Trusted Contributor

On 9/11/2014 Peachysue said:

I am a victim of spousal abuse as well & that was many years ago- I've gone on with my life and learned to not let it run my life- I love football and Chik Fil-A. There's spousal abuse all over the world, whether it be by words, physical or just plain horrible treatment- we can't let it ruin things we enjoy or like.. my ex worked for Federal Express but I still use them- I am not being cold hearted and I care, I care a lot- my abuse was both physical and mental- it's taken me years to let go... and for that I am the better person!

I agree. Abusers need to be held accountable but they are found in all walks of life all over the world.

It's always a victory for me when I remember why I entered a room.
Honored Contributor

On 9/11/2014 SydneyH said:
On 9/11/2014 sidsmom said:
<br />

Unfortunately in the Court of Law, accusations & rumors can't convict anyone. Right or wrong, he might have a case.

I think Goddell is under pressure to lift the suspension. What a mess.

I listen to sports radio all day & right or wrong, they bring up a lot of scenarios to get you thinking. If a crime has been committed & time served, why deny someone of their livelihood? If this happened in an office setting, chances are they would still have their job.

There's Government Law & NFL 'Law'...in this case, NFL Law is taking the lead. Wow...all this is so wrong on so many different levels. What a mess.