Honored Contributor

Re: I think I am the Lone Ranger

I like football and ice hockey. I don't care for baseball and other girlie sports.

Respected Contributor

Ha, that's OK Cherry, I don't like old movies.  I'm a huge sports fan especially football, baseball, tennis and the Olympics so I'll watch your share of sports.   No chasing you from me.

Go Patriots.  No, Go Eagles.  I don't like either team so I'll just hopefully enjoy a good game.  Maybe it will end in a tie.  I'd love that.  

Honored Contributor

That's too bad about Pink, this flu is taking down a lot of people. I for one am skipping the half- time, I will never be convinced that Timberlake wasn't in on the Janet Jackson debacle. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

wrote:

You are not alone. I detest football. I think it is a dangerous sport. I don't hate sports in general. I like basketball and solo sports like ice skating, gymnastics, and diving.  

No Super Bowl for me.

-------------------

Well, me too!   In college, I had my boyfriend pick me up after the game.  So boring!  I do like some sports, some that you mentioned, plus most track and field.  No Super Bowl TV for me either.....

Honored Contributor

You are not alone!

I never played an organized sport, but grew up in a time where we ran and played in the neighborhood....tag, kick ball, hide and seek, bike riding all day all over town, and we swam at the outdoor pool every day in the summer, and roller skated at the rink all winter. 

I did go to my brother's baseball games even up to his time playing in college, and our high school football games. 

My son played soccer, baseball and did some track and martial arts, so of course I was always at those things (as well as freezing during marching band!).

I will watch Ohio State football, but beyond that, I have no use for sports, no interest in them, and won't support professional sports with my money at all.

I'm lucky because my husband has no sports interests either, nor does my son really since he has graduated high school. So I don't have to put up with it on all day on Sundays while I'm left to fend for myself! lol

I don't even care for the Olympics for the most part. I will occasionally watch an event here or there, but find it an annoying interruption to my regular programming.

Honored Contributor

wrote:

That's too bad about Pink, this flu is taking down a lot of people. I for one am skipping the half- time, I will never be convinced that Timberlake wasn't in on the Janet Jackson debacle. 

I agree with you @QVCkitty1

And what has JT done musically lately? He's kinda become irrelevant in the music world, IMO.

I can think of SO many musical acts that would have been better choices, Bruno Mars for one, but there are many, many others, JMO.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

wrote:

wrote:

I agree with you @QVCkitty1

And what has JT done musically lately? He's kinda become irrelevant in the music world, IMO.

I can think of SO many musical acts that would have been better choices, Bruno Mars for one, but there are many, many others, JMO.

Well he did release new music yesterday, and he is getting a lot of publicity fit it and this super bowl appearance, and to me it's not really fair.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

Neither one of us are sports fans. In fact,I had to ask my BFF who was playing in the Big Game. I think DH and I will watch all 3 of the "Godfathers".

Honored Contributor

I grew up in a sports minded family, my grandfather the minister played football on his college team, my father played semi-pro baseball when he was young.

I loved playing sports, in elementary school I played basketball with the boys, which they definitely were not thrilled about.  Volley ball was my game in high school.  My daughter was on the soccer team in high school.

Sports teaches team work, a valuable lesson.  My daughter still communicates with her soccer coach, and so do many other kids he taught over the years.

If you understand the game, football is exciting, which is why you pass a sports bar and hear people screaming when there's a good play.

The new information about concussions is horrendous.  I don't know what can be done, but obviously something needs to change.

Honored Contributor

I was never interested, hate base ball, but we had two boys hubby and me they loved it ,we had big super bowl parties , but with husband and son gone ,just a memory.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.