Honored Contributor

Re: I think I am the Lone Ranger

wrote:

My thing is football and hubby's is Disney- go figure.. we'll be watching the game this evening and pulling for the Eagles yet we are Falcon fans.  We're already sick of it being the B&B shows so far..  I say it's great to be an underdog..  woof woof..

Hi @Suziepeach  I'm pulling for the Eagles, too. My family were big into sports and as I mentioned earlier, my grandfather the minister played college football and my dad played semi-pro baseball, but it was my mother who really loved football.  If it wasn't the home team, she always pulled for the underdogs, that wore off on me.  It would be nice if the Eagles could finally win Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

wrote:

I have no pony in this race,  but I have seen people get all bent out of shape, if their team loses, to the point the would hit someone, or damage property

@cherry, I've never understood why so many do get bent out of shape over their team losing.  We've even seen fights & loud disagreements in Magic Kingdom, you know the "happiest place on earth"  LOL yeah right..  

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am a sports widow, no matter what is being played My DH (this time I  mean darn husband) is sitting watching his sports, I cannot even stand to hear the commentators voices, so for most of the year, I sit in the bedroom reading (my escape from the world) while dh is watching his sports, thank goodness he goes into work at 4:00 p.m tonight and works until midnight so there will be peace in our house today, as I have no desire to put the game on!

Honored Contributor

@Suziepeach  I don't doubt that for a minute. But after games people sometimes go on rampages ,destroying property and businesses

I have never understood why? 

Honored Contributor

wrote:

wrote:

My thing is football and hubby's is Disney- go figure.. we'll be watching the game this evening and pulling for the Eagles yet we are Falcon fans.  We're already sick of it being the B&B shows so far..  I say it's great to be an underdog..  woof woof..

Hi @Suziepeach  I'm pulling for the Eagles, too. My family were big into sports and as I mentioned earlier, my grandfather the minister played college football and my dad played semi-pro baseball, but it was my mother who really loved football.  If it wasn't the home team, she always pulled for the underdogs, that wore off on me.  It would be nice if the Eagles could finally win Smiley Happy

Hi @Noel7,  I find myself pulling for the underdog as well, it's easy to do when the other team is blah blah blahed all the time.  As my siggy shows, we love our Tennessee Volunteers and don't miss a week-end in Knoxville for a home game and then some times we travel....

Sure would be nice of the Eagles could finally win- talk about people betting and losing, LOL ...  

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

I don't sit glued to the set.  It's magazine time!  There are enough dull moments during the game to catch up on In Style and Cooking Light Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

wrote:

@Suziepeach  I don't doubt that for a minute. But after games people sometimes go on rampages ,destroying property and businesses

I have never understood why? 

@cherry, I know.  I mean what's the use being stupid?  We go for the game and enjoyment of being with all our friends- then you see drunks, that think they're having a good time, arrogant folks that well they can't see above their noses, they get ugly which it's like the domino theory... 

Go VOLS
Esteemed Contributor

In general, I like sports. When favorite teams are involved, I know players' names and follow the team. SNL did a funny skit about Super Bowl Patriot and Eagles fans. If interested, try to catch that. Yes, some fans get waaay too competitive over situations they have zero control over.  

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Respected Contributor

I'm right there with you, sistah!

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Honored Contributor

I grew up in the Green Bay Area. Dad was a season ticket holder to packer games. I would attend 99% of the games with my dad. 60 below was nothing to sit in an open air stadium.

fast forward many,many years. I don’t watch football much anymore. I may watch highlights that is about all. I follow the Packers somewhat. 

I guess the older I get, I have lost interest in the football game.

not watching the game in anyway shape or form tonight