Honored Contributor

I think I am the Lone Ranger

I never watch sports. I was never interested in sports, either as a player ,or a  spectator

My husband really isn't all that keen either, nor my son.  I never found it interesting .  My daughter watches a bit.

I once was quizzed by a real enthusiast about not caring for sports.  I told him someone will win ,and someone will lose, and the rest is just a detail, for me...I thought he would choke...ducking and running for my life ,right now

Trusted Contributor

Re: I think I am the Lone Ranger

I dont watch sports.. i think sports are boring... but i'm going to watch the super bowl ( even though i have no idea what is going on lol )  i definetely want an eagles win!!  if they were selling something good on qvc today, i'd be watching qvc  lol  cant wait for noon for the in the kitchen with david... but yes even though i hate football GO EAGLES!!!!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@cherry, Works for me! LOL  Came back to add: go Kemosabbie. 

Honored Contributor

I've never been into sports until I lived in "sports" territory.  LOL.  I used to live in a town that had a big university that had sports teams.  I fought it at the time.  I now live near an NFL team.  I've given in and learned about the sport.  It's one of those if you can't beat em, join em.  I won't say I love it, but I have learned to like it.  I can join in the conversation at work instead of being clueless.

Trusted Contributor

I am interested in watching Pink sing the Star Spangled Banner but that is it. So not a Sports fan here either.  Dh will going to the SB party by himself.

Honored Contributor

@cherry@bonnie f

Bluntly...no, I just force myself to care usually.

We have no plans today. DH may ask me if I mind if he watches, and of course, I don’t mind!

When a team I love is playing, I usually cheer them on at the very end of the game! LOL

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

One of my neighbor's dad ,was athletic director for West Point. We live within a few miles of  a Big 10 stadium, and she never went to a game ,either.. Guess she got enough of it at home

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have always been athletically inclined and enjoyed watching sports.... until my later adulthood when I realized that many sports just involve a bunch of grown men pummeling each other for obscene salaries, or winners winning by doping, or over-the-top, rabid fans, who leave me with my head shaking as to their priorities and common sense.

Honored Contributor

DH and I like sports and will watch some of the game in between movies on TCM. I will browse the Q throughout the day. I made vegetable beef stew yesterday so that's what we're having. Need to run to Best Buy for a new printer today. I do like sports more than I dislike them. 

Honored Contributor

I never was a sports fan, but did try to play basketball in high school until this huge girl knocked me down and I cracked my ribs. I took that as a sign that someone my size has no business playing a game that giants play.LOL I don't like to watch football or basketball on TV so tonight I will be cooking for my guests and watching what I like on my TV.