Honored Contributor

Re: I'm in a tizzy trying to find really good towels

@riley1 wrote:

Have you tried Pottery Barn?

@riley1

No, I haven't. We don't have one anywhere close, so I never get there. I've been a bit burned ordering online, I need to see and feel these. 

I'm thinking a trip to the bigger city may be needed to get into a few of these stores.

Thanks for the tip, though.

Trusted Contributor

Try thecompanystore.you know or restoration hardware.you-know-what.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have had this problem too.

I found USA made towels made out of 100% USA cotten.  

I found them at Walmart. The label says MADE HERE They are thick, thirsty towels that actually dry you off after a shower or bath.  They wash up really well.

Our walmart has them, only in a few colors.  

The company is out Georgia. they are the only business left in the USA that makes towels .

The bath size towels (these are bath size, nice and roomy) run $7.00 each.

Respected Contributor

The best towels I've bought were from Frontgate online catalogue.  They too are pricey but I've had these for about 12 years and they are still great.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have  towels from Costco (Charisma brand) and Macy's (Hotel Collection) and some old crummy ones from Fieldcrest that we haven't used in years.  I prefer the Hotel Collection from Macy's.  Any towel in so-called "microcotton" is OK with me.  I don't like a real thick heavy towel........want one that gets the job done but doesn't take hours to dry out.

Some of our favorite towels to this day are the towels from Macy's that featured bamboo in the fabric mix.  Light as a feather, very absorbent, dry fast.  Don't know if they're still available.

When my son's girlfriend (now his wife) came to our house for the first time, she asked me where I'd found the towels she used.  She really liked them.  I told her to go to Macy's for both the bamboo and the Hotel Collection.

When we visit her house these days, she obviously has gone her own way and has only thick towels from Pottery Barn.  Those towels are heavy even when dry and truly weighty when wet.  I actually caused a towel rack in her guest bathroom to fall off the wall when I hung up one of those Pottery Barn things.

Trusted Contributor

I've found some good towels at TJ Maxx in their clearance dept.   I've got some Egyptian towels for over 1/2 off regular dept store prices.   

Super Contributor

Costco for me. Towels are fluffy, big, absorbent, last forever and wash well. Only problem I have with them is the color selection.

Honored Contributor

I was curious so I looked at the website.    Great looking towels, made from 100% cotton with pima loops.   Pima is in the same category as Egyptian cotton but personally I prefer pima.    The towels are actually called Made Here.  Thanks for the information!

@viva923 wrote:

I have had this problem too.

I found USA made towels made out of 100% USA cotten.  

I found them at Walmart. The label says MADE HERE They are thick, thirsty towels that actually dry you off after a shower or bath.  They wash up really well.

Our walmart has them, only in a few colors.  

The company is out Georgia. they are the only business left in the USA that makes towels .

The bath size towels (these are bath size, nice and roomy) run $7.00 each.

Honored Contributor

@novamc1 wrote:

I have  towels from Costco (Charisma brand) and Macy's (Hotel Collection) and some old crummy ones from Fieldcrest that we haven't used in years.  I prefer the Hotel Collection from Macy's.  Any towel in so-called "microcotton" is OK with me.  I don't like a real thick heavy towel........want one that gets the job done but doesn't take hours to dry out.

Some of our favorite towels to this day are the towels from Macy's that featured bamboo in the fabric mix.  Light as a feather, very absorbent, dry fast.  Don't know if they're still available.

When my son's girlfriend (now his wife) came to our house for the first time, she asked me where I'd found the towels she used.  She really liked them.  I told her to go to Macy's for both the bamboo and the Hotel Collection.

When we visit her house these days, she obviously has gone her own way and has only thick towels from Pottery Barn.  Those towels are heavy even when dry and truly weighty when wet.  I actually caused a towel rack in her guest bathroom to fall off the wall when I hung up one of those Pottery Barn things.

I, too, like the HOTEL COLLECTION ones. 

Laura Ashley from Kohls are not bad.

I've found really nice egyptian cotton ones at TJ MAXX for like $10 each!!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Esteemed Contributor

Several years ago I purchased Dream Sack by Yala bamboo towels from my neighborhood co-op.  They are wonderful.  With my recent move I wanted new towels in a different color.  

So I went to the co-op and said to an employee "I know this is a stretch, but...".  She knew exactly the towels I wanted, affirmed the high quality, but said they no longer carry them.

It appears Yala no longer makes these towels.  I can only find two sets listed on ebay, however I am reluctant to purchase for fear that, just like everything else, they aren't the same fine quality.   😕