Honored Contributor

Re: I'm in a tizzy trying to find really good towels

I went out today and tried several brands from several local places. In the process of washing and will update what I find.

And thanks everyone for so many great suggestions. Some I have never pursued (Belk) and will be checking them out.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

@JustJazzmom wrote:

You are going to use them, right? Just putting them in the wash can cause problems when washed with other items. No one will notice the pulls and if they do, then they are too picky!

I have plenty of towels for daily use, I'm looking for gifts and for ones to display in the guest bath that aren't used regularly.

And I refuse to keep brand new towels that snag, pull, and get runs in them after just one washing (or two or ten for that matter). There has to be a better quality out there, I just have to find them.

My question still stands. Smiley Happy

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Honored Contributor

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

@JustJazzmom wrote:

You are going to use them, right? Just putting them in the wash can cause problems when washed with other items. No one will notice the pulls and if they do, then they are too picky!

I have plenty of towels for daily use, I'm looking for gifts and for ones to display in the guest bath that aren't used regularly.

And I refuse to keep brand new towels that snag, pull, and get runs in them after just one washing (or two or ten for that matter). There has to be a better quality out there, I just have to find them.

My question still stands. Smiley Happy

I'm sure it does

Esteemed Contributor

and you never answered it.  no surprise.  just pretend it's a jar of applesauce.

Have a good night @Mominohio Heart

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Honored Contributor

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

and you never answered it.  no surprise.  just pretend it's a jar of applesauce.

Have a good night @Mominohio Heart

How refreshing to know that you can't even post about towel brands and quality without baiting and bullying. Glad to know you never change.

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

@lolakimono

Have you purchased from either lately? I used to buy kids clothing and boots from Land's End. Great return policy and good quality, but that was 10 years and more ago. 

I thought about checking there. Wonder if their return policies are still as good as they used to be?

@Mominohio

LLB has better quality overall, and their shipping is always free. Sometimes you can find deals on their sale section of the site.  The return policy is the same as before- 100% satisfaction guaranteed.  

Respected Contributor

I know what you mean about finding decent towels, etc.  I found some pretty ones at BB and B; after the first washing, they had snags and loose ends at the bottom of the towel.  They went back.

I ended up finding some at Walmart under the Better Homes and Gardens name.  They are not one solid color, brown and teal pattern and I've had them for at least 4 years.  They still look good, very soft and didn't snag after all the washings.

Hope you are able to find some that work for you.

Honored Contributor

Re: I'm in a tizzy trying to find ereally good towels

My experience is that the textured towels hold up better and are more resistant to snags etc. Last year I ordered the Vera Wang trellis textured towels from Kohls. Only available online. Over a year later they still look good. They are absorbent. Got them in the aqua color. They also come in coral, grey, and white. I looked at their site and they still have them. Also have the matching hand towels and wash cloths and I really like them.

Reviews of the Vera towels at Kohls often complain about blotches when you wash them-reviewers said the grey trellis towels did this. That happened once to me with solid Vera towels along with snags at first washing. Returned them and they took them back no problem.

Now I think I need another set of those trellis...

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

@HisElk wrote:

I know what you mean about finding decent towels, etc.  I found some pretty ones at BB and B; after the first washing, they had snags and loose ends at the bottom of the towel.  They went back.

I ended up finding some at Walmart under the Better Homes and Gardens name.  They are not one solid color, brown and teal pattern and I've had them for at least 4 years.  They still look good, very soft and didn't snag after all the washings.

Hope you are able to find some that work for you.

There are some at Walmart I've been eyeing from BHG. They just look like they might be really good. I tried to put several sets on lay a way, but they don't let  you put that kind of stuff in, so I passed at the time. I'm guessing since they have had that style for awhile, they may be gone soon. If I want to try them, I'd better get back over there and make up my mind. 

Esteemed Contributor

Have you tried Pottery Barn?