Honored Contributor

I'm in a tizzy trying to find really good towels

And I purposely chose this forum rather than the home forum because of the wider audience.

I've tried Kohl's, JC Penney, Macy's and even Walmart (believe it or not, WM has some that are nicer than the department stores).

The problem, upon first wash, there are picks, runs, fraying etc. 

Is there not a super strong, good quality, will last for many years kind of towel still made today? All cotton, and a nice tighter weave? Something like we could buy in the 1980's?

Money is an object, but would consider 'high' price for a truly good quality.

Any suggestions?

Honored Contributor

Re: I'm in a tizzy trying to find really good towels

try Bed, Bath, and Beyond

Honored Contributor

One word:  Costco.

Honored Contributor

I have gotten some absolutely wonderful, heavy, Egyptian cotton towels and bath sheets from Overstock.  

There are usually collections are not only high-end collections there, but have a beautiful array of colors.  My towels are mostly burgundy, soft peach, of black, and I've gotten all of them there.

Now, I get that most people would recoil at those colors, and that's ok, but you also find the full range of beautiful colors in the different collections there.

Plus, the prices are just insanely good.   Know that I don't go for price above quality, quite the opposite.  I'll pay for good quality if I need to, but I haven't needed to at Overstock.

Honored Contributor

I bought some thick and thirsty towels and washcloths a few years ago at Costco, the tag brand is "Charisma Luxury Towels".  They came in 3 or 4 lighter neutral colors (white to off-white to caramel).  They have remained thick and thirsty with hems and threads intact.  I don't remember the price.

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

I have gotten some absolutely wonderful, heavy, Egyptian cotton towels and bath sheets from Overstock.  

Nothing like Egyptian cotton when it comes to towels & washcloths. 

There is nothing like Overstock.com when it comes to discounted prices for "high end" items.

All of my Egyptian cotton towels & washcloths came from Overstock too!

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

try Bed, Bath, and Beyond

Last time I bought towels from there, they were the worst, 100% cotton that went limp and non-absorbent.  Might as well have used the plastic shower curtain liner or pure polyester to try to dry yourself.

Valued Contributor

I got towels from Sam's Club and love them.  They also wash well.  Try a hand towel.

Trusted Contributor

My daughter likes the one from Costco, I got mine at Macy's on sale.  All cotton

Honored Contributor

Mz iMac wrote:

chickenbutt wrote:

Nothing like Egyptian cotton when it comes to towels & washcloths. 

There is nothing like Overstock.com when it comes to discounted prices for "high end" items.

All of my Egyptian cotton towels & washcloths came from Overstock too!

Yay!  I'm just glad somebody else has been able to appreciate this.  Usually, people just ignore and don't get it, probably mostly because they have not yet seen the quality products there.

I just last week ordered some new hand towels from one of the collections there, same great Egyptian cotton, in the soft peach color that I love. 

I have several Egyptian cotton 'bath sheets' from there that I've been using for years and they are still fluffy, heavy, and nice.