Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Sooner   You missed the best gimme of all, the new child credit payment most average families now get which I think is something like $250. for each child, $300 for infants.  So we pay people for being prolific and over-populating.  Beats all I ever heard. 

Each person who files for Unemployment Insurance gats a maximum benefit amount based on his wages.  If he draws the maximum for which he qualifies every week, it'll last for 26 weeks.  He could draw partial benefits or return to work and be laid off, in which case he has one year to draw that maximum amount.

@Shanus 

@Kachina624   That year must have already run out for some people in the work force. So as soon as the year is up, the "We're Hiring"signs come down and restaurants, stores, truck drivers, office employees...all come back to work?

I'm thinking people are reconsidering whether they want the SAME job or would rather be employed in another field. 

@Sooner I agree that churches and other organizations should provide food and help to those who need it, but what about enabling those who should be getting back to work by now?

@Shanus You are right.  But I grew up in an area poverty that is unmatched by what a lot of people have ever seen.  And doing so, I know even many years ago there was an element who is happy to live off of other people.  My point today is that we provide a level of living that a whole lot of people are ok with, and we don't always see that people who are able work.

This percentage of folks steal from us, and steal from people who need help.  And so many agencies don't even do minimal needs testing now.  

And to me it's an issue because I've seen it.  There are people like that.  So, it makes me think that when jobs are available, and people aren't working, and the population is increasing rapidly, that something doesn't add up here. 

Honored Contributor

@Sooner   That's a valid point and I agree 100%.

@Sooner wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Sooner   You missed the best gimme of all, the new child credit payment most average families now get which I think is something like $250. for each child, $300 for infants.  So we pay people for being prolific and over-populating.  Beats all I ever heard. 

Each person who files for Unemployment Insurance gats a maximum benefit amount based on his wages.  If he draws the maximum for which he qualifies every week, it'll last for 26 weeks.  He could draw partial benefits or return to work and be laid off, in which case he has one year to draw that maximum amount.

@Shanus 

@Kachina624   That year must have already run out for some people in the work force. So as soon as the year is up, the "We're Hiring"signs come down and restaurants, stores, truck drivers, office employees...all come back to work?

I'm thinking people are reconsidering whether they want the SAME job or would rather be employed in another field. 

@Sooner I agree that churches and other organizations should provide food and help to those who need it, but what about enabling those who should be getting back to work by now?

@Shanus You are right.  But I grew up in an area poverty that is unmatched by what a lot of people have ever seen.  And doing so, I know even many years ago there was an element who is happy to live off of other people.  My point today is that we provide a level of living that a whole lot of people are ok with, and we don't always see that people who are able work.

This percentage of folks steal from us, and steal from people who need help.  And so many agencies don't even do minimal needs testing now.  

And to me it's an issue because I've seen it.  There are people like that.  So, it makes me think that when jobs are available, and people aren't working, and the population is increasing rapidly, that something doesn't add up here. 

Respected Contributor

@77yangya   Sending you and your husband a hug.  It tugs at my heartstrings when I look at my baby and realize she is 11.   We have an Airedale who we love beyond words.  We are too familiar with what you are now feeling.  More hugs coming your way.

Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624 The older I get the more I appreciate my dull  life.