Honored Contributor

Understand that I don't have much excitement in my life but I was elated to see my first, bight, shiny, Prime delivery truck.  Amazon hasn't had a presence in Albuquerque but they're finishing up a brand-new very large distribution center.  Now if only they can find 1,000 or so workers to staff the place. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I have Amazon prime and I love their fast shipping !  Glad you are happy to see that big shiny Amazon truck ! Woman LOL

Respected Contributor

There is an old saying that is supposedly a curse:  "May you live in interesting times."

The chaos and anxiety caused by constant change or disruptions in life are NOT necessarily better than having a dull, yet tranquil life.

Hope you enjoy your shopping and your deliveries!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: I Lead A Dull Life

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

Understand that I don't have much excitement in my life but I was elated to see my first, bight, shiny, Prime delivery truck.  Amazon hasn't had a presence in Albuquerque but they're finishing up a brand-new very large distribution center.  Now if only they can find 1,000 or so workers to staff the place. 

CONGRATULATIONS @Kachina624 . Isn't it exciting? Everytime my 3 year old nephew sees one of the vans, he shouts "Amazon Prime, Amazon Prime". They are very popular here.

Hope they can find find employees. My 20 year old nephew is in College and got a job at a distribution Center near by. They started him at $18 an hour and he works 30 hours weekly. They also pay for him to go to College. We didn't expect that.

I've heard horrible things about A and the way they treat the employees but so far so good.

Once again, so happy that you finally saw Mr. Prime.

Trusted Contributor

@FancyPhillyshopper @Kachina624  Correct. I'd rather live a prosaic life style instead of going mach 10 with my hair on fire. There is def something to be said for a quieter lifestyle as one ages. And I'm good with it.

Occasional Contributor
Had far too much drama when I was younger. Am content with my uneventful life right now..
Respected Contributor

@Mikeysone wrote:
Had far too much drama when I was younger. Am content with my uneventful life right now..

Me too.  We lost our kitty yesterday.  She was very old and it's touch to see a grown man cry but my husband did.  Just awful.

I used to call the place I fed her, her little feeding station.  It's now empty.  Her places where she slept all empty.  I just need time. 

Just never realized the years went by that fast.  I just want to heal and move on.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624    Are ya  KIDDING?   I just realized that I bought THREE winter tops....and they are all  G R A Y.    What was I thinking??

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624  Early this morning local news here in Florida reported that even if all those looking for jobs found them, we would still have thousands of unfilled jobs.  No details about what kinds of jobs remain open, where those jobs are, and not a peep ever about where the extra people are going to come from.   

Amazon's deep pockets should help them find workers -- assuming enough unemployed or unhappily employed elsewhere live relatively close.  All I hope is that some of that money is going to send out climate-friendly trucks because in my cul de sac, we see 3 and often more of their vehicles 7 days a week.  

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624  I thought you were going to say your life is dull,because you go nowhere besides work and back.well that's my dull life