Honored Contributor

Re: I Lead A Dull Life

[ Edited ]

@Shanus  I do not know anyone who is not working except the family, friends, and acquaintances who are well old enough to be on SS or some other pension and even some of them have jobs, but not the kinds of jobs most employers are having trouble filling.   

I cannot imagine how you pay the bills for long if you are of working age and don't work.  The closest I come to understanding why someone is a non-worker is the mother of young children who has little or no access to child care.

Honored Contributor

@77yangya wrote:

@Mikeysone wrote:
Had far too much drama when I was younger. Am content with my uneventful life right now..

Me too.  We lost our kitty yesterday.  She was very old and it's touch to see a grown man cry but my husband did.  Just awful.

I used to call the place I fed her, her little feeding station.  It's now empty.  Her places where she slept all empty.  I just need time. 

Just never realized the years went by that fast.  I just want to heal and move on.

@77yangya 

So sorry to hear about your kitty's passing---may your fond memories help to lessen the pain you are feeling....HUGS! 😿

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

@Sage04 wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

Understand that I don't have much excitement in my life but I was elated to see my first, bight, shiny, Prime delivery truck.  Amazon hasn't had a presence in Albuquerque but they're finishing up a brand-new very large distribution center.  Now if only they can find 1,000 or so workers to staff the place. 

CONGRATULATIONS @Kachina624 . Isn't it exciting? Everytime my 3 year old nephew sees one of the vans, he shouts "Amazon Prime, Amazon Prime". They are very popular here.

Hope they can find find employees. My 20 year old nephew is in College and got a job at a distribution Center near by. They started him at $18 an hour and he works 30 hours weekly. They also pay for him to go to College. We didn't expect that.

I've heard horrible things about A and the way they treat the employees but so far so good.

Once again, so happy that you finally saw Mr. Prime.

@Sage04

It is nice your nephew was able to find a good paying job while attending college, and tuition reimbursement is a bonus.

He may decide to work for the company after college.

Amazon makes most of its money in the cloud business. 

Honored Contributor

I was rather surprised, a while back, when we started having Amazon delivery here.  This isn't that big a city.

But they've done a pretty good job here so far.  I had a couple of blips, as I've already expressed here, but they were good about doing what they could to make it better.  

With Amazon delivery, you get an email telling you it was delivered and showing a pic they take of the item on your porch.   In the email, also, is a thing where you can rate the delivery.  I ALWAYS do that!  I don't want them to just know the negative, but to know the positive - which has been 99% of it for me.  I've only had the two problems with their delivery.

I always wonder why I still get some stuff by UPS and USPS, but I'm sure there are reasons for everything so it's no biggie. All I ask is that I get what I ordered and it arrives in good order.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sooner   You missed the best gimme of all, the new child credit payment most average families now get which I think is something like $250. for each child, $300 for infants.  So we pay people for being prolific and over-populating.  Beats all I ever heard. 

Each person who files for Unemployment Insurance gats a maximum benefit amount based on his wages.  If he draws the maximum for which he qualifies every week, it'll last for 26 weeks.  He could draw partial benefits or return to work and be laid off, in which case he has one year to draw that maximum amount.

@Shanus 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Growing   I think homeless are one issue, but people who held jobs at restaurants and stores before...where are they now?

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624  I guess not everyone qualifies. I asked my niece who recently had a baby and she isn't getting it.

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ   No, not everyone qualifies.  The reason for leaving the last job is a consideration.  A person must be able and available for work and actively seeking work.  Possibly your niece has not been released from her doctor or has no child care or want to stay home with her baby. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Sooner   You missed the best gimme of all, the new child credit payment most average families now get which I think is something like $250. for each child, $300 for infants.  So we pay people for being prolific and over-populating.  Beats all I ever heard. 

Each person who files for Unemployment Insurance gats a maximum benefit amount based on his wages.  If he draws the maximum for which he qualifies every week, it'll last for 26 weeks.  He could draw partial benefits or return to work and be laid off, in which case he has one year to draw that maximum amount.

@Shanus 

@Kachina624 

I have to say that I am starting to wonder about people who are not working. I do understand that their are many reasons, childcare issues being a huge one, but when it comes to kids in their 20's I am just going to say that a lot of them lack a work ethic.  

I have a co-worker who has two kids living at home, who stretched out unemployment since mommy and daddy are paying the bills, they have no desire to get out there and look for work. They are not paying their parents anything, but both seem to have time to go places like San Diego and Disneyland. I told my co-worker to stop complaining to me about it. It's your fault, since you will not put your foot down. 

Another H.S. girlfriend with two kids, in their low 20's. and live in one of the parents homes. Rent free of course. They have no incentive to work, because my generation is ruining them, by refusing to make them grow up.  I am in my mid 50's.

I do want to call out on the child tax credit payment. My understanding is that this is money that they would have received when they file their 2021 taxes. Instead of making them wait till that time, they are dividing it up and giving it to them throughout the year. 

Also, unemployment Insurance is not enough to live on. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Kachina624  I guess not everyone qualifies. I asked my niece who recently had a baby and she isn't getting it.

@proudlyfromNJ 

Someone had a baby in February and does not get it either. She said it's because the baby was born this year and isn't in the system. Only the two children that's on their tax return get it.

@Kachina624  some people decided not to collect monthly so they had to let IRS know. They prefer to wait until they file taxes next year and get the lump some for Child credit.