Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 Yep.  People don't have to work now, they live off others.  So jobs go begging.

@Sooner 

Okay, I give up .... your "people living off others"  comment.  Is this your opinion or was this taken from a news source?  

Honored Contributor

Does every thread have to eventually turn into an attempt at class warfare? How about we whitle that number down to half the threads? Deal?

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

Does every thread have to eventually turn into an attempt at class warfare? How about we whitle that number down to half the threads? Deal?

You new here?  Smiley Very Happy   

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@Kachina624 I can't believe we got a Prime center before you did.  Ours was up and running about 2 years ago and they keep building on.  It's at the OKC airport.  

Side note:  It is after 5 p.m. now and mail still not here.  A couple weeks ago it was here before 9:15 most days.  Is it it the Christmas Rush already?  Woman Surprised

@Sooner   I went out to get the mail at almost dark Saturday evening.  A neighbor coming down the street with a handful of mail hollared at me to check mine.  There were 5 or 6 pieces all addressed to someone at a different address.  The man in the street was collecting it and re delivering.  He had a couple for me including a prescription I'd been waiting for.  It's a miracle I got it. 

Apparently they'd hired a new carrier and foisted him on us with no training.  He or she had just stuck mail in boxes willy nilly.  They must say "I anoint you, now go forth and deliver mail" and think it's going to be fine.

I heard the PO predicts their business will increase by 35% this holiday season and I wondered why.  I wouldn't trust them with a package. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 Yep.  People don't have to work now, they live off others.  So jobs go begging.

@Sooner 

Okay, I give up .... your "people living off others"  comment.  Is this your opinion or was this taken from a news source?  

@Tinkrbl44 Both.  And from friends.  And from the fact that jobs are going begging. As another poster says do the math.  Can't get workers?  People aren't working.  And yes, I do read and see news reports.  I don't sit and watch all day, but I don't have to. 

And I see what is happening in cities in my state.  

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@Kachina624 I can't believe we got a Prime center before you did.  Ours was up and running about 2 years ago and they keep building on.  It's at the OKC airport.  

Side note:  It is after 5 p.m. now and mail still not here.  A couple weeks ago it was here before 9:15 most days.  Is it it the Christmas Rush already?  Woman Surprised

@Sooner   I went out to get the mail at almost dark Saturday evening.  A neighbor coming down the street with a handful of mail hollared at me to check mine.  There were 5 or 6 pieces all addressed to someone at a different address.  The man in the street was collecting it and re delivering.  He had a couple for me including a prescription I'd been waiting for.  It's a miracle I got it. 

Apparently they'd hired a new carrier and foisted him on us with no training.  He or she had just stuck mail in boxes willy nilly.  They must say "I anoint you, now go forth and deliver mail" and think it's going to be fine.

I heard the PO predicts their business will increase by 35% this holiday season and I wondered why.  I wouldn't trust them with a package. 

@Kachina624 I can't imagine.  Our latest guy (nice looking kid in a ballcap and a uniform) is on the run and we've been getting our mail, but oddly his route seems to change a lot.  I haven't talked to him to get the scoop.

At least he is ok I guess with who gets what mail.  Do you do informed delivery?  It's easy and free so at least I have a shot a knowing what is coming and whether we need to actually go to the box or worry about it. 

Honored Contributor

@Sooner    Yes, I've had Informed Delivery a long time.  It's very inaccurate and often they just don't bother.  I get no notification then go out and find my box with several packages I didn't expect or no packages when they said I had one "out for delivery".  I don't pay much attention to it. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Sage04    My dogs don't even bark at the UPS truck.  They think that man is part of the family and belongs here, he comes so often. 

@Kachina624 

We had a Collie several years ago who would announce the UPS deliveries.  We knew it was UPS because it actually sounded like "UPS" when he barked.

The rest of the time he had a "normal" bark.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Sooner    Yes, I've had Informed Delivery a long time.  It's very inaccurate and often they just don't bother.  I get no notification then go out and find my box with several packages I didn't expect or no packages when they said I had one "out for delivery".  I don't pay much attention to it. 

@Kachina624 Sorry to hear that because I've had good luck with it so far.  But a few times I've had to check the I didn't get it box!  But no many and none before our old mail carrier quit.  

Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Sage04    My dogs don't even bark at the UPS truck.  They think that man is part of the family and belongs here, he comes so often. 

@Kachina624 

We had a Collie several years ago who would announce the UPS deliveries.  We knew it was UPS because it actually sounded like "UPS" when he barked.

The rest of the time he had a "normal" bark.

@just bee 

LOL .... years ago we got a new shelter dog who barked at the UPS guy .... and I used to very gently scold him that he should never bark at the nice man who brings us presents!  It took less than a month before he was happily "announcing" the nice man in brown!