Esteemed Contributor

@Drythe- Glad you and your family are all okay. You guys have had a rough time for the past month. We escaped this one just had a lot of wind but no rain. I think the more central or western part of SC did get more rain - which they don't need.

You can always work your way down here - we've got plenty of room - you know where to find me, lol. Riley1

Honored Contributor

@Drythe: Thankful that you are ok. You will be in my thoughts and prayers that you will receive much needed help with cleanup. Southern Bee 

Respected Contributor

Finally got a call from a family member. Living in Panama City without electric, no water, has no idea when they will get all services restored.But the home was saved from much damage but all tree's around it are all on the ground.They consider them self blessed that the home was not destroyed, but we both shed some tears over what has happened to everyone. I told them they would really cry if they had electric and could see how much is now destroyed.

Frequent Contributor

I have a good friend who is now missing in Panama City. I've been trying to get in touch with her, but no luck. I am heartsick. I feel that she's all right, but she has probably lost everything she had...................

Respected Contributor

odie,maybe your friend has no cell service. We had to wait for two days to hear from our loved one. She finally found a spot were she could use a cell phone. So very sorry that you are having to go through this stress.                                                           

Honored Contributor

Re: Hurricane Michael

[ Edited ]

Hello everyone.  A few more trees down, we are still on our generator,

The latest from DUKE  no-Progress Energy is that we MAY have power back by Monday night, or Tuesday morning.

NC and VA EACH have more power outages than then the state of Florida.  

Not that we got hit worse then Florida, and I am very grateful!  

Those poor people, not a wealthy area, hope they will get the help they deserve.

Best to all of you!

Be safe if you are in a downed tree area, they can cover up downed power lines.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

I'm in Virginia and we got the remnants of the eye of Michael. Tornados all around and MANY trees down. Several on my street fell on houses. I was lucky and also had a generator that ran for 2 days. (With Isabel it was 2 weeks)!

I only had branches,limbs and leaves down but with an acre lot it's taken 3 days and not finished yet. Fortunately I had the Beeches and Poplars trimmed, but they are easily uprooted and over 100 feet tall.

We were very lucky here that it wasn't stronger! I feel so sorry for the people who lost their homes!