Respected Contributor

Let me see if I have this right.  Basically, you are feeling badly because your boyfriend is still friends with his ex.  This has nothing to do with pearls.

Only you can know if this is a deal-breaker for YOU or not.  You can accept his friendship with the the ex, or you can move on.  Everyone has a different breaking point.  Respect yours.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Trusted Contributor

@Pqfan 

Have you talked to him about this and told him how you feel?  And if so, will he agree to curtail his relationship with his ex?  I would never presume to advise you what to do, only you know that.  But maybe asking yourself if you better off with him or better off without him will help you decide what to do.  Good luck.

Honored Contributor

@Pqfan 

What’s the end game with all this?

What would be the perfect scenario for you?

Honored Contributor

You might start looking at ads for girls who want a room mate. I would avoid moving in with a guy..You could start by asking around on the next door website ,as long as you boyfriend doesn't use it ,or  talk to people who are on it

Respected Contributor

Re: How would you feel?

[ Edited ]

@itsmetoo wrote:

@Pqfan 

I just make comments to him like the one in my post.

"Like oh I see you got your girl some new jewlery.

Honored Contributor
The 9 Best Roommate Finders on the Web
  1. Craigslist. Let's start with the obvious: Craigslist. ...
  2. Padmapper. With its free, map-based interface, PadMapper makes it easy to find apartments in a particular neighborhood or even on a particular block. ...
  3. Roomie Match. ...
  4. Roommates.com. ...
  5. Roomi. ...
  6. Roomster. ...
  7. Facebook. ...
  8. Alumni Networks
Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee 

You said everything. Gary Zukar: The Heart of The Soul. Helped me learn more about myself and the choices did or didn't make. Life changing in the best way. 

Respected Contributor

Drop him. He is clearly hiding something.

Honored Contributor

Re: How would you feel?

[ Edited ]

I sometimes use this Maya Angelou quote as my siggy:  “Never make someone a priority when all you are to them is an option."  

Dear, kind, gentle @Pqfan, if you feel in your bones that you’re an option to him...  well, you deserve better.   Far better.   I pray for doors to open and opportunities to appear that will allow you to make whatever choice your heart knows is best.   You’re too much of a treasure to be someone’s option.❤️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Super Contributor

In my personal experience, "finding" things repeatedly means you have reason to be suspicious of him and go looking for evidence.  Now you're envious of his "better" relationship with the ex, real or imagined.  This can only hurt and damage you.

Trust your gut.  Don't waste precious time with anyone who does not make you feel valued and loved.  Focus on yourself and your own happiness.