Respected Contributor

This sounds like a sticky situation. When I first got together with my current partner, I was still good friends with my ex and we hung out. No funny business, nothing going on romantically between us.  Over time, my partner made it clear to me this was NOT ok with him. And I stopped hanging out with my ex so as to preserve my relationship.  Twenty years later, we're still together. So if he's someone you want to stay with, try to be honest and see if you can work it out. And if he's not someone you want to be with anymore, start plotting your escape and ask for help from family and friends if necessary.  I know how you feel, I have been in a situation where I wanted out but was not in a position to just go leave for financial reasons. I hope you find a resolution.  If I can be honest, he doesn't sound like the nicest guy but I cannot get too much from your post.  Good luck.

Respected Contributor

Thanks so much to all of you.

I want out of this.

I just can't go right away.

Honored Contributor

Are you tied to him by a lease or rent agreement? Did you sign anything?

Respected Contributor

@cherry wrote:

Are you tied to him by a lease or rent agreement? Did you sign anything?

@cherryNo.

Honored Contributor

You have that much going for you. That is a big plus..A ray of sunlight

Honored Contributor

Re: How would you feel?

[ Edited ]

If I were you I would make a target date ,and aim for that. It wiil keep you ,postive and on track..

Respected Contributor

He is also moving us to the town where she lives. Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

@Pqfan 

Saying that he is fixing the pearls for her is a giant red flag unless he's a jeweler.

Your posts are very clear that you see what's happening and you don't wnat to stay in the relationship.  I think that's a very healthy response.

I am sorry you are so sad.  I agree that you need OUT and and the sooner the better.

Honored Contributor

Can you get out before the move?

Respected Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@Pqfan 

Saying that he is fixing the pearls for her is a giant red flag unless he's a jeweler.

Your posts are very clear that you see what's happening and you don't wnat to stay in the relationship.  I think that's a very healthy response.

I am sorry you are so sad.  I agree that you need OUT and and the sooner the better.

@QueenDanceALotThanks. I kept trying to ignore this feeling and sweep it under the rug but I can't do it any longer.