Respected Contributor

How would you feel?

[ Edited ]

My boyfriend is friends with his ex.

Not thrilled about that but whatever.

He lost something in the house and I went to look for it.

I found a bag with fake pearls.

I said jokingly.

I see you bought your other girlfriend some jewelery.

He said I don't have another girlfriend.

But ___ likes pearls.

Pick whatever you want out of the bag.

I said I don't want any.

A couple of weeks ago I found broke ones in a bag that he said he is fixing for her.

I don't think he is cheating but I feel like "carp"

Like even though they aren't together I feel like their friendship is better than my relationship.

He gave me a "carppy" looking bracelet from the same company but the pearls were nice.

ALL opinions welcome.

Honored Contributor

Run for the hills and dont look back.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Respected Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

Run for the hills and dont look back.

I want to but I don't have anywhere to go at the moment.

Respected Contributor

I feel  so bad.

Honored Contributor

I don't honestly know. I can see you are upset, and I don't want to advise you wrongly. You need to do what you feel is best, because ,you are the one this is going to effect

Does he act sneaky? Is he truthful? Is he kind to you, or does he use you, or take advantage of you?

Honored Contributor

Run!  And be thankful you aren't married to the dog.  Perhaps he isn't sleeping with her, perhaps he is.  He still is very much emotionally involved with her, there's a bond there and he likes it that way.  Is that what you want?  A relationship with 3 people in it as someone very famous once said?  He isn't going to break it off with her so no good can come of your relationship with him.  Learn from the experience and end it with him.

Honored Contributor

I wouldn't like it.  I would like to believe that he was "just friends" with his ex, but I'd also tell him I'm not comfortable with it.  He needs to respect your feelings since he is with you.

Would he be happy if you continued to "see" your ex and buy him little "gifts"?  

My ex and I get gifts for each other, but we share a grown daughter and are determined to be friends.  My DH and my ex are friends so it works for us, but we are a dysfuntial bunch of people. Smiley Wink

Keeping you in my thoughts and heart sweetie.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

Ohhhh...your boyfriend.  

I was thinking boy as in son.

Honored Contributor

This advise is like closing the barn door after the horse got out, but do not ever let yourself be in the position you are in.  No where to go, no money, no job, etc and be dependant on a man.  Ok enough preaching.

Do you not have family, friends, co-workers,etc that you can stay with until you get everything together?  

You know what to do, start making plans.  I wish you the best and God bless.

@Pqfan 

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

@Pqfan  you need to make plans  now just in case..