Trusted Contributor

How to Save $ in Retirement?

As someone with 6 days of work left, I'd LOVE to know any tips that people have found to save money in retirement time.  Taxes,utilities,food,anything that you've found useful?

Honored Contributor

Re: How to Save $ in Retirement?

Downsizing made the difference. Sold my home moved to be closer to my Grandchildren and Son Daughter in law. Less is more than enough for my needs. Stopped impulse shopping,  Qvc live was easily dangerous. Since watching online only made difference casual lifestyle means less money spent on clothes. Really helps me to back away from buying until given thought and honestly asked myself what is really going on? Will I wear this? Of course! Treating myself saved for trip bora bora. Congratulations! Enjoy your new life. Best regards!🙋

Respected Contributor

Good luck. I hope you have a hefty bank account. It's not easy if you don't.

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Honored Contributor

@catwhisperer wrote:

Good luck. I hope you have a hefty bank account. It's not easy if you don't.

@catwhisperer...exactly, which is why I plan on working until I am physically unable, or drop dead, whichever comes first. As long as God, in his magnificent grace, provides me a job, it's off to work I go. It helps that I love what I do.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Respected Contributor

Yes... retirement is a big adjustment .. money wise ....

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Get an Amazon prime membership.

Respected Contributor

But I should have added it has many benefits as well ....

Respected Contributor

How do you know if your bank account is " hefty" enough?

Respected Contributor

@SurferWife....DH and I were doing great until a couple unforseen medical issues happened and threw us for a loop.

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Respected Contributor

@Azcowgirl wrote:

How do you know if your bank account is " hefty" enough?

@Azcowgirl.....it can never be hefty enough. LOL