Honored Contributor

I "met" April the giraffe today!

IMG_7638.JPGAnd I was soooooo excited. Seriously. 

My husband and I drove up from Atlanta, stopped in PA to visit family first and a few family members went up to New York today with us. It's been a perfect day. 

The Animal Park was packed. We got there 30 minutes before they opened. The owner, Jordan, helped us park. I had written a note to him and his team, thanking him for putting the camera up. I was happy to be able to give it to him personally.  I saw Cory from a distance, but didn't talk to him. I did not see Allysa. 

April is very friendly. Very cute and not shy at all. We fed her carrot portions and I was able to pet April (I almost cried). She and Oliver are HUGE. Really big. Taj was out in the yard with her and Oliver was indoors, in April's stall. We were able to go in and see Oliver.  You're not allowed to pet Oliver, he doesn't like it. But you can feed him. 

Here are a few pictures including one of me, from behind, feeding her. I feel comfortable posting it. It was just the greatest day. I was so happy and thankful to go. My husband has some health issues and he really hung in, but the day tired him out. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

Re: I "met" April the giraffe today!

IMG_2066.JPG

Honored Contributor

IMG_2181.JPG

Honored Contributor

Here is Oliver. 

IMG_2153.JPG

Esteemed Contributor

AWESOME!  You are sooooo fortunate to meet such beautiful creatures!

Honored Contributor

That's just so awesome.  I'm totally jealous!  Smiley Happy

You'll never forget this.

Respected Contributor

So happy for you - thanks for sharing pictures!

Trusted Contributor

@gidgetgh I am sooooo jealous. You could have stopped by and picked me up. I'm in the Atlanta area.  Did you feed her for me like I asked?

Esteemed Contributor

@gidgetgh How exciting!  I am so glad you got this opportunity to see them in person!  I would love to do that too!  Thank you so much for sharing your photos and experiences!  ❤️❤️❤️😊😊😊

Honored Contributor

Thank you for sharing your pictures.  They are beautiful and so glad you got to experince this.  I would have cried and been so excited, too.  Hope you enjoy the rest of your trip. 

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."