Trusted Contributor

Re: How are you celebrating New Year?

On 12/30/2014 gidgetgoeshawaiian said:

We're staying home, no plans. I'm sure we'll eat out somewhere for lunch, but home after that. I'm not a huge fan of New Year's Eve and will be glad when it's over.

I never realized that I hated New Year's Eve until I moved to Hawaii. We didn't have home grown fireworks and people shooting off firecrackers and M80s in California. In Hawaii it is considered normal but it's abnormal, imo, and downright criminal to me. One of things I hate about Hawaii.

~Dogs are my favorite people and my favorite people are dogs.~
Frequent Contributor

It's just dad and I, so it will be quiet. Have some pickings throughout the night, watch the Red Wings play hockey...maybe take a nap after then wake up around 11:50pm to cheer in the New Year with champagne and herring...maybe watch a little tv and go back to sleep. I know not real exciting but it works for us.

Looking more foward to New Years Day, the Rose Parade, and all the college football games.

Smiley Happy

Happy New Year everyone, hope it is happy and healthy for all of you.

Respected Contributor

Usually we go to dinner with friends, but we're just getting back in.town from.being away, and nobody's mentioned anything yet. This will probably be the off year where we stay home. Happy New Year everyone! Smiley Happy
If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Frequent Contributor

My husband is in the hospital having his second round of Chemo. The hospital is an hour away. I'll go up in the morning, stay a few hours, come home and tend to our dogs, pack, and drive back up before dark to spend the night with him. We've spent every New Year's Eve together since we have been married. Not about to let a little Chemo ruin it for us!

Honored Contributor

On 12/31/2014 Nicnacsmommy said:

My husband is in the hospital having his second round of Chemo. The hospital is an hour away. I'll go up in the morning, stay a few hours, come home and tend to our dogs, pack, and drive back up before dark to spend the night with him. We've spent every New Year's Eve together since we have been married. Not about to let a little Chemo ruin it for us!

Sending my best wishes to you and your husband. I hope 2015 is a better year.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

We are staying home and I will be in my jimmies! I don't mind. I have to work most of the day, so later on DH and I will have shrimp and cheese cake and watch something mindless on t.v. The important thing is - we will be together!

I always thought that just once I would love to go to some fabulous, very classy, place, with gorgeous decor, and have a lovely dinner and wine, then dancing. I would be in a sequined gown and fancy jewelry, with my hair all done up and fantastic makeup. DH would be dashing in a tux. It's a nice dream, I think, and it makes me smile. Smile

Be safe and happy, everyone, whatever you do!!!!!

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

On 12/30/2014 hsawaknow said: I love to watch the twilight zone marathon on the sci-fi network. It starts NYE and ends at midnite NYD!

Thanks for the reminder! Its very cold, 7 this morning, so I will be in my warm bed with Emmy watching TZ!!Smile

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Honored Contributor

On 12/29/2014 Cattitude said:

Good grief, the "whole state of Florida is Margaritaville"? LOLOL

You can't be more off base and are just using that as an excuse to stay in.

There are plenty of five star restaurants, inns, yacht clubs, boutique hotels that are classy and elegant and far from a bunch of drunks partying the night away in Margaritaville Smiley Happy

I have lived in Florida for 5 years now and I don't see it that way either. We were going to stay ion but friends called yesterday and said they had miraculously gotten reservations at a restaurant that has views over the Gulf of Mexico where our town has fireworks at midnight so we are going with them. I get the impression the OP doesn't like living in Fl and has not made any friends here so she considers that to be Florida's fault.

Honored Contributor

On 12/29/2014 Luv2Decorate said:

NYE is my birthday. A friend invited us over for dinner with a 3 other couples and we are going to have a good dinner, great wine, and longtime friends. We usually do something laid back with friends every NYE.

Happy Birthday Luv2Decorate!!

Irish--your evening sounds fabulous! Enjoy! I've been to the Biltmore twice, and it's enchanting over the holidays with the decorations, etc.

Future--HAVE FUN!! Your evening sounds like a lot of good times as well.

We are staying in tonight, having shrimp and some wine and tomorrow we are going out of town for the day/evening.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

On 12/31/2014 Nicnacsmommy said:

Sorry about your husband nicnacsmommy. My sister has also been having chemo over the past few months and was in the hospital on Thanksgiving.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"