Esteemed Contributor

Had an interesting day.  And this post really cheered me up.  Thanks for sharing.

Honored Contributor

@pattypeep wrote:

@beckyb1012For you and your sil's:

My wife and I were sitting at a table at her high school reunion, and she kept staring at a drunken man swigging his drink as he sat alone at a nearby table.

I asked her, "Do you know him?"
"Yes", she sighed,
"He's my old boyfriend. I understand he took to drinking right after we split up those many years ago, and I hear he hasn't been sober since."
"My Gosh!" I said, "Who would think a person could go on celebrating that long?"
And then the fight started...

@pattypeepI love that and what is so amazing these two sisters-n-law I am so close to are the sisters of my ex-husband I divorced 18 years ago.  Family can be kept after a divorce if you work hard at it.  My ex did just email me himself on March 3 wanting to cook me a steak dinner that night, I said thanks but no thanks, and Best Wishes.

Thanks for more to share.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Esteemed Contributor

@beckyb1012 I totally agree about keeping close to your ex's family. My dh and I divorced 42 years ago and I am good friends with his brother and wife. I love them as if they were my flesh and blood. PS: I would have nixed the offer of a steak dinner from my ex, too.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Valued Contributor

Made me crack up, with tears running down my face. My husband thought it was funny too. I could pucture my husband doing the same thing. TO FUNNY! LOL funny.