Respected Contributor

Re: How To Sign Up On Facebook

Just something to think about if you are a business and see the gigantic numbers on FB and the prices they charge to advertise.

How many are actual people, how many of them have duplicate accounts, how many of those don't even log in to their account and just leave it idle.   Does FB intentionally send you friend requests because it "activates" your account or makes people look thus raising their numbers for the advertisers.

Things like this are always done for a reason.  I get this requests everyday with more people added, do I look,, I used to but I know my account isn't accurate.

I think FB is over rated and if these companies think they are using their advertising dollars efficiently, they have been punked.

I wonder how much of this will actually get out and find out these platform absolutely does nothing for their sales.

I'll tell you for sure, real or not, I'm not posting on the Q's FB page or looking.  Nothing there for me.

Esteemed Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

I don't think you can do that.  People do get creative with their names, but last I heard, if someone at Facebook determines you are using a fake name they will ask for proof of ID and that is the name you must use.

@Icegoddess   I have a account that has a fake name.  I was never asked for proof.  I made up a fake Birth Date and all.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

@Sage04 wrote:

@Icegoddess wrote:

This is what Facebook itself says about names:

What names are allowed on Facebook?

Copy Link

Facebook is a community where everyone uses the name they go by in everyday life. This makes it so that you always know who you're connecting with.
Your name can't include:
  • Symbols, numbers, unusual capitalization, repeating characters or punctuation.
  • Characters from multiple languages.
  • Titles of any kind (example: professional, religious).
  • Words or phrases in place of a name.
  • Offensive or suggestive words of any kind.
If your name follows our standards and you're still having trouble changing it, find out why.
Other things to keep in mind:
  • The name on your account should be the name that your friends call you in everyday life. This name should also appear on an ID or document from our ID list. There may be instances for using a name other than what appears on an ID document from our ID list for some profiles.
  • Nicknames can be used as a first or middle name if they're a variation of your authentic name (like Bob instead of Robert).
  • You can also list another name on your account (example: maiden name, nickname, professional name).
  • Profiles are for individual use only. You can create a Page for a business, organization or idea.
  • Impersonating anything or anyone isn't allowed. Learn more in our Community Standards.

I have a friend who goes by the name Emotional Ball and that's not what we call her.  I don't use my real name either.

@Sage04 Good for you. Hopefully, you won't get caught.  As I told another poster, I know it CAN be done and that others do it, but if you get caught, they can boot you off.  All it takes is for someone to get mad at you and report you.

@Icegoddess   I was hacked on You Tube and after that I removed my last name from my account.  I have a made up Birth Date and all.  I post no pictures or anything.  It can be done.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Im on the qvc facebook group and it is not fun to me, it is kind of boring. that is just my thoughts.

Some including me went to the Delphi Forum - Wisteria Lane.   They are welcoming QVC Refugees.

There is HSN forums that so far are still up and running.

Another thought is GroupsIO where we could make a group for us. The negatives are your email could fill up with postings.

If you had a separate email for the group that would help plus you could make it under an anon name.

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Valued Contributor

Good argument for Congress. 

Respected Contributor

facebook might ask for an id or photo id to verify who you are which they didn't do in the past

I wouldn't sign up on facebook just for qvc.  the qvc page is for promoting and advertising  their products 

Trusted Contributor

I have been on FB since it's inception. I have three accounts and have never had one issue. I am active on there and if I get a friend request from someone I don't know I delete them. No big deal. My accounts are locked down so only my friends/family can see what I post. FB will help you with making sure your account is secure. There are prompts and walk throughs to help you. I have never been hacked and I belong to a lot of groups so my info is out there. I signed my life away to Apple, Google and the Chinese with TikTok a long time ago😂