Honored Contributor

Re: How To Sign Up On Facebook

I will not post on Facebook because I do not want my name and any personal info that can be found on Facebook.  I do not feel it is a protected site!!  Some have email addresses, phone numbers, jobs and other personal info available on Facebook even if you choose to keep most things private.  Then you get all those notices about people you might know and want to friend!!  I also do not want postings on my facebook

Trusted Contributor

I will NEVER join Facebook.  They ask for too much personal information just to sign up.  It's really none of their business what my hobbies are, who my friends are, etc. etc.  Talk about Big Brother!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

This is what Facebook itself says about names:

What names are allowed on Facebook?

Copy Link

Facebook is a community where everyone uses the name they go by in everyday life. This makes it so that you always know who you're connecting with.
Your name can't include:
  • Symbols, numbers, unusual capitalization, repeating characters or punctuation.
  • Characters from multiple languages.
  • Titles of any kind (example: professional, religious).
  • Words or phrases in place of a name.
  • Offensive or suggestive words of any kind.
If your name follows our standards and you're still having trouble changing it, find out why.
Other things to keep in mind:
  • The name on your account should be the name that your friends call you in everyday life. This name should also appear on an ID or document from our ID list. There may be instances for using a name other than what appears on an ID document from our ID list for some profiles.
  • Nicknames can be used as a first or middle name if they're a variation of your authentic name (like Bob instead of Robert).
  • You can also list another name on your account (example: maiden name, nickname, professional name).
  • Profiles are for individual use only. You can create a Page for a business, organization or idea.
  • Impersonating anything or anyone isn't allowed. Learn more in our Community Standards.

I have a friend who goes by the name Emotional Ball and that's not what we call her.  I don't use my real name either.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@Icegoddess wrote:

I don't think you can do that.  People do get creative with their names, but last I heard, if someone at Facebook determines you are using a fake name they will ask for proof of ID and that is the name you must use.

Believe me, it can be done.  A person can have more than one ID.  I know several people who do,  It's just up to the person to remember which sign on to use. That said, my DH had a second ID and Facebook didn't like his posts so they canned that one. . 😆😆

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Was he in FB jail? I was there once for one day because I got tired of been asked "What's on my mind" every day so I said a few choice words (no curse words) and I did this for about a week. One day, couldn't sign on. A friend who is always in FB jail told me what was going on. That was so funny.

Esteemed Contributor

The only thing that's true on my FB account, is the State I live in. No picture, no other info and the email address I use has nothing to do with me. It's only for FB.

I buy a lot from FB Marketplace and get some good sales.

Respected Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@BornToShop  Protect your security by only allowing access to your page to friends and family, not public.  Limit the info you put on your profile 

if you're signing up in order to continue interacting through the QVC page, you can sign up using your forum ID rather than your real name. 

@JeanLouiseFinch, you are not supposed to sign up with two different names.  Only one sign-up per person.  If FB finds out you have more than one account, they can ban you forever.

I suspect there are people with multiple accounts, I don't know what happens to them.  

FB can find out if you're using the same computer or phone, everything is traced.

I'm not saying I agree.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have two FB Accounts with different names. My husband had 2 accounts with his real name. He forgot he already had an account.

Honored Contributor

@Sage04 wrote:

@Icegoddess wrote:

This is what Facebook itself says about names:

What names are allowed on Facebook?

Copy Link

Facebook is a community where everyone uses the name they go by in everyday life. This makes it so that you always know who you're connecting with.
Your name can't include:
  • Symbols, numbers, unusual capitalization, repeating characters or punctuation.
  • Characters from multiple languages.
  • Titles of any kind (example: professional, religious).
  • Words or phrases in place of a name.
  • Offensive or suggestive words of any kind.
If your name follows our standards and you're still having trouble changing it, find out why.
Other things to keep in mind:
  • The name on your account should be the name that your friends call you in everyday life. This name should also appear on an ID or document from our ID list. There may be instances for using a name other than what appears on an ID document from our ID list for some profiles.
  • Nicknames can be used as a first or middle name if they're a variation of your authentic name (like Bob instead of Robert).
  • You can also list another name on your account (example: maiden name, nickname, professional name).
  • Profiles are for individual use only. You can create a Page for a business, organization or idea.
  • Impersonating anything or anyone isn't allowed. Learn more in our Community Standards.

I have a friend who goes by the name Emotional Ball and that's not what we call her.  I don't use my real name either.

@Sage04 Good for you. Hopefully, you won't get caught.  As I told another poster, I know it CAN be done and that others do it, but if you get caught, they can boot you off.  All it takes is for someone to get mad at you and report you.

Honored Contributor

@Sage04 wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@Icegoddess wrote:

I don't think you can do that.  People do get creative with their names, but last I heard, if someone at Facebook determines you are using a fake name they will ask for proof of ID and that is the name you must use.

Believe me, it can be done.  A person can have more than one ID.  I know several people who do,  It's just up to the person to remember which sign on to use. That said, my DH had a second ID and Facebook didn't like his posts so they canned that one. . 😆😆

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Was he in FB jail? I was there once for one day because I got tired of been asked "What's on my mind" every day so I said a few choice words (no curse words) and I did this for about a week. One day, couldn't sign on. A friend who is always in FB jail told me what was going on. That was so funny.

@Sage04  He spent some time there too 😆😆😆

Esteemed Contributor

@Icegoddess  I've been on FB forever. By now they should have known if they were looking.