Honored Contributor

Re: How Much Do You Use Your Cell?

Rarely if ever. I have one for emergencies and my friends call me on our landline. The major reason I have never adjusted to getting an I phone is because I cannot see it without needing my glasses for close up. I think when I was younger I would have enjoyed one but now my eyesight is too poor to see the print....

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@jaxs mom wrote:

I use it a lot.

Calls

texting

checking email

shopping

reading

cooking recipes from it in the kitchen

shopping for food ( grocery list)

keeping track of my pets health info

my own health and fitness stuff

listening to music in my car through my stereo and at home

general entertainment apps

apple pay

wallet app for my rewards cards and concert tickets and parking vouchers

directions

taking pictures

surfing the net/social media

banking/depositing checks on those rare occasions I need to. Take a picture to deposit. 

Same here except I don't do much purchasing on it.  I might look for something and then buy it at the store on at home using my macbook.  Even tho I have the giant iPhone 6+, it's still hard for me to type on it so if much typing is required, I use my  macbook air. The only TV use for me might be watching a baseball or football game if I'm out running errands.   Mainly, I'll just check the score but sometimes will watch a bit of a game. 

I don't wear a watch so I use it for checking the time.   I also use the calculator function.  I play games on it.  Check the news and stock market.  Storing photos.  Get movie times and reviews.  Maps/GPS.

TV remote control and recording.  Wow, I guess I'm glad I have it.

Trusted Contributor

@jaxs mom

Ditto  Smiley Happy

I just love getting checks (which isn't frequent) and depositing them by taking a pic and sending it to the bank. 

Gotta love technology Heart

Honored Contributor

Funny. I use my phone for various things every day, but I have zero need to issue any sort of disclaimer that I'm not "tied to it", addicted to it, or using it 24/7. LOL. The assumption that if you have a smartphone and use it you are 20 years old, bad-mannered, and use the device constantly and inappropriately is completely ludicrous.

Those who shun what they neither use nor understand - or want to - show their ignorance, fears and prejudices.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@Qshopper1991 wrote:

@jaxs mom

Ditto  Smiley Happy

I just love getting checks (which isn't frequent) and depositing them by taking a pic and sending it to the bank. 

Gotta love technology Heart

I was THRILLED when my bank's app included that. I hated making special trips to the bank just to deposit a rare check.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

I have a 15 year old cell phone that I only use for emergencies.  In other words, I never really use it other than to charge it.  I pay $100 a year($10 a month)  and have more minutes than I could ever use from having leftover minutes roll over to the next year. 

I hate talking on the phone. I have never texted anyone and do not even know how to text.  

Valued Contributor

Banking apps are the best.  

I can easily transfer money from one account to another, deposit a check, and check a balance right from my phone.  

Yes, I have so many uses for my phone, but I'm not tied to it 24/7.   I can set it down or put it on silent or just not respond to a text or email just as easily as I can avoid the house phone, doorbell, laptop or the TV.   Lol

Honored Contributor

My cell phone is my primrary phone and I do everything on it.  Calls, texts. email, shopping.  My cell phone is my avenue to the world.  I have a house phone but I only use it for my fax machine.  I don't even know what the number is and I don't have phone to connect to it. 

Honored Contributor

I seldom use my cell phone.  It is always with me when I go out in case of emergency. The only time I use it is when I am out of the house.  When I'm home I always use our landline.

I can count on one hand how many times I've texted.

Honored Contributor

Very little, only to make calls when I'm away from the house or to make a long distance call. I would like to use it more, but people today prefer to text or communicate for any reason via email.I refuse to text or use email to socialize.