Honored Contributor

How Many Potato Chips Are One Serving?

Honored Contributor

Re: How Many Potato Chips Are One Serving?

definitely a trick question.Smiley Wink

we had four "dips" as part of our appetizers during thanksgiving......ranch, broccoli, hummus, and onion. the amount of chips, bugles, and crackers consumed was quite a lot.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

That's why I have to buy those variety paks that have all those small bags.  Perfect portion control.  Eat one small bag and I'm done.  If not, I would sit down and eat an entire large bag while watching television and not realize it until the bag was empty.   Hubbie is the same way. 

Honored Contributor

@CoffeeNut   A small bag is considered an appetizer in many homes...you have great discipline!.

Honored Contributor

The sad part is, I don't even like potato chips and I could still eat a whole bag.

I think they smell disgusting when you first open the bag.  G-A-G.

Esteemed Contributor

Now there are experts on potato chips? No one ever says who these people are suppose to be. Nutritionists, dieticians, chefs? I don't go for the whole expert thing as anyone can call themself an expert and people will believe it. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@teganslaw wrote:

Now there are experts on potato chips? No one ever says who these people are suppose to be. Nutritionists, dieticians, chefs? I don't go for the whole expert thing as anyone can call themself an expert and people will believe it. 

@teganslaw   It's a joke-the word "experts" indicates nobody real. 

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

I buy the variety pack, too, but there are mostly Doritos. You need to supplement that with a couple party-size bags of potato chips 😊

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Ice cream is my downfall but I will admit to eating more than 10 chips at a time.

Besides, the chips are not all equal in size so a few small chips equal how many compared to the larger chips in the bag??  Would 3 small chips be the same as one large chip or would 3 large chips break down to 9 small chips?

If a woodchuck could chuck wood how much wood would the woodchuck chuck???

We don't eat chips often but when we do..........we do not count.

Potato Chip OCD - Meme on Imgur

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@teganslaw wrote:

@teganslaw 

Portion size and nutritional contents are federally mandated on one serving size of every food item.  To be a serving, there must be enough of the item for the food group it belongs to.

A potato chip is potato, fat, salt, and additives.  Each group has to be listed.