Respected Contributor

When you stopped sending Christmas Cards...............

When you decided to stop sending Christmas Cards did you send one last card and say "good bye" or did you just cold stop.

Respected Contributor

Re: When you stopped sending Christmas Cards...............

I just cold stopped. Gradually the number of cards we received each year declined as people realized we were no longer sending cards to them.

Esteemed Contributor

Just stopped. 

Honored Contributor

I never stopped.  I just started working on them.  A write a few each evening.  I don't send as many as I used to.  

Valued Contributor

I just stopped. I got tired of all the work. I have two friends that still send cards, sometimes I send one to just them. We have an aunt who sends an all about herself and how great she is newsletter every year that we get a laugh out of. But otherwise, once you stop, others cull down their list and you stop recieving them. I hated doing the writing as my hand arthritis got worse, plus I moved, remarried, and found that in my generation almost no one else was sending Christmas cards. Unless you have a health reason or terminal illness, I would not announce you won't be mailing cards next year. Unless it is friends or relatives you talk to the on the phone and simply tell them. 

Honored Contributor

I also email everyone to whom I sent cards.  They know I'm alive;  that's all that's important. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Thanks yall. I have told close friends and family I'm not sending any cards. But over the years we have exchanged cards with people we have met on trips and  old HS and college friends that we only see at 10 year reunions. Last year I did not send to a college friend and she called to find out if we were ok. 

I don't send many. Maybe I'll send as I receive. 

Valued Contributor

Stopped 

Respected Contributor

I didn't say goodbye, stop cold or need stamps anymore...my Christmas card list went online. There's lot's of free sites with so many choices, I like the cards that include music.

Respected Contributor

Just stopped.  So did the number of Christmas cards we'd receive too.