Honored Contributor

Re: How Long Do You Leave Your Tree Up?

@lulu2 wrote:

I always feel sad when I see Christmas trees discarded on the curb the day after Christmas.

@lulu2As a child I felt they "weren't loved" any more!

Honored Contributor

It's always funny to drive area apartment complexes 

and see discarded trees next to the garbage dumpsters....in February.  Can't imagine the mess they've been living w/ for 

the last 2-3 months. 

Respected Contributor

I haven't put a tree up in quite a while. I'm usually traveling until 10 days or so before Christmas, and I'm rarely home when I'm in my hometown, so it's just not worth the hassle for me. I just look at and enjoy other people's decorations. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Respected Contributor

We're packing everything away except the tree on Friday.  Our cleaners come this Tuesday and we have a flocked tree which is messy to put up and take down.   So, we'll leave it up longer to enjoy the clean floors as long as possible.  Smiley Wink    I go back to work on Jan 6 so will probably take it down that weekend.  That will be a record for me.  I usually take it down the day after xmas.  

Esteemed Contributor

I leave mine out all year (different places, depending on mood).  I have two artificial trees about 5'.  One white, one red.

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

Depends on how dry the tree gets but try to leave it up until New Years Day.  

Respected Contributor

I always relax and enjoy it more after Christmas. And I follow the tradition that I grew up with so the tree stays up through Epiphany.  I know I've done my traveling and my cooking for the family and all of that and now I can really relax this week. 

Honored Contributor

It's artificial so no big rush. We enjoy the lights so it will probably stay up until mid January.

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh...I started tearing things apart this morning (26th).  It is a huge job and I don't do a tree anymore!  I take great care in packing things away so that is why it takes so  long and then the room I am working in get a really good cleaning.  My family room is done, tomorrow the dining room and living room.  Those two rooms are not as heaviy decorated so It will not take as long. 

I love the decorations but I am just as happy when it all comes down and the house is clean again.

Honored Contributor

Until Epiphany, the actual end of the Christmas season... and sometimes even longer if I'm not in the mood for taking it down.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...