Respected Contributor

Re: How Long Do You Leave Your Tree Up?

We take our decorations down on January 2 since we always have company on New Years Day.  If my DH had it his way, they'd be down the day after Christmas, he can't wait to take them down.  Growing up, I can't remember if we left them up until January 6 or not.  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: How Long Do You Leave Your Tree Up?

[ Edited ]

Azcowgirl wrote:

This year my house turned out so twinkly and pretty, I can't stand the thought of taking everything down without having something to put in its place. So, I've decided to look for a couple pretty potted faux trees to put fairy lights in to help with the void of Christmas trees. Also I will leave the flameless candles glowing year round. That should help.

@Azcowgirl...Yes, I feel the same way...We have an open floor plan and our real tree is put in front of our triple living room windows....It will be coming down today, as I am anxious to get things back to normal.

However, I also have a 36" faux tree that I place on our lowboy cabinet in the dining area which is in front of a bay window...I have a lamp that usually goes there, but I also love that "twinkly and pretty" look, so the thought came to me that I could leave the tree there and change the theme for each Season?...I have a collection of white doves and other birds that I could decorate it with and leave the small flower-shaped lights on it and I think it would look adorable....I do too much thinking when I am home!...LOL..I think I might give it a try.

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~