Respected Contributor

Re: How Long Do You Leave Your Tree Up?

All year! I have a slim tree and all I do is slide it from the family room into a corner of the dining room unlit. No one has ever noticed it sitting there. Come Xmas, I slide it back, dust it off a bit and plug it in. Sometimes, I update the color theme, but that is it. After four kids, I am over dismantling a tree. 

Valued Contributor

For me, I believe in the twelve days of Christmas... It is a very beautiful time of year!!!

Respected Contributor

We leave ours up until Epiphany is over.

Esteemed Contributor

I'll leave it up until I can't stand it anymore. I really, really love it but one day I will wake up & will be suddenly "over it"  

I'll keep out all the white decorations for January.. 

I hope I can find a long Valentine table runner this year. I decorate a console table (that pulls out to a dining table).  I try to change the it up every month.

Valued Contributor

Mine will come down tonight. We put ours away the day after Christmas because our house is small & I always have grown tired of the holiday & glad it's over. We leave up the outdoor Christmas bulbs on our bushes until new year's day.

Esteemed Contributor

I take the outside decorations down a day or 2 after New Years.....

The trees come down around the 6th...

The village comes down the end of Jan

The snowmen come down the end of Feb....

Honored Contributor

Usually until the weekend after New Years but this year, family is coming in from Europe on the 6th and we're having a big bash at our house so everything will stay up until after that.

Respected Contributor

We usually leave our little tree up all Christmas season which is 12 days long. Then I put everything away as soon as I get to it after Epiphany.

Here is my little tree a couple years ago. I like it as it takes up little space. I leave the lights on it.

Hollywood1.jpg

Respected Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

Christmas isn't a one day event for us, the Christmas season ends on Jan 6th so we leave our tree and our decorations up through that date and usually a little longer because I love the way the house looks.

I agree!  I know some people say they get fed up with the decorations, but I don't.  I love them.  Mine go up before Thanksgiving and will come down Jan 6th.  The twelve days of Christmas just started yesterday. 

Trusted Contributor

I started to take it down today but found something more enjoyable to do so I stopped! LOL.