Honored Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

Many of us do not perform our jobs in a public forum over television. 

The hosts do.

To compare their job to the employment of most of us is ridiculous and not comparable.

Except for those of you who do entertainment on the airwaves. 

Agree with @Johnnyeager 100%.  My job in no way compares to their jobs.  I'm not on television.

Honored Contributor

Re: Host bashing

[ Edited ]

@Porcelain wrote:

Maybe the hosts don't give detailed information because it's not provided by their managers and assistants. If management wanted skirt lengths provided for all skirts for example, the directors would be given the info and would tell the hosts to say it during their shows.

The more information they tell you, the more objections you can raise to buying. If a car salesman could get away with selling you a car without telling you what kind of engine it has or any other pertinent details, don't you think they would? They would much rather just show you a red car and say, "Like it? It's yours if you buy now!"

If they can still sell you the thing without telling you much about it, they'll do so. I think it's wrong, but it's not the fault of hosts. The hosts don't do or say anything management doesn't want them to. The illusion that any of them are just riffing on personal topics for fun or that any of them ever go rogue is just an illusion meant to gain your emotional investment and trust.

So don't single out the hosts. Take the whole company to task if you don't like what you are seeing on the tv presentations. Every minute on air is the result of many tightly controlled and deliberate corporate decisions.

Some Producers only pay attention to key words that the host say that result in more orders. But what do you do when one hosts vehemently starts a one woman campaign and says it OFTEN and LOUDLY and tells viewers that you can go to the website to get the measurements(she felt hosts shouldnt have to read the measurements)

She was the only one that said this.....much later other hosts jumped on the bandwagon.... There was a funny moment when a caller talked about the item she just purchased, but then asked a question what a lot of customers felt....she said, "can I ask you a question, why are you so opposed to giving measurements on air".....and you could tell by the facial expression and voice tone that this host wasnt happy with the question...but she said, "because its available on the website"....and the caller replied "isnt the "C" in QVC supposed to be about convenience why should I have to have several electronic devices handy to purchase an item from QVC?" and the host didnt know what to say, and ended it with "thank you for calling"....

But there was another caller that gave another perspective and said "its very helpful for you to give good information on the products including the measurements on air threy are very important, you see I'm losing my sight and that information is so helpful to hear"....I dont know if other hosts heard that or it was related to all the host in an email or meeting because more hosts started to make sure measurements were provided on air....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@bonnielu    There is no provision for discussion of abuse to customers, only hosts.  They can be as "unkind" to us as they wish but there's no vice versa.  We dare not be unkind to them.  At some point the Q forgot who the customer is and who pays their salaries. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

Host bashing IMO would be talking about their hair, weight etc.  Saying they aren't doing their job, talking about their personal lives etc.... well deserved.

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@Johnnyeager wrote:

Many of us do not perform our jobs in a public forum over television. 

The hosts do.

To compare their job to the employment of most of us is ridiculous and not comparable.

Except for those of you who do entertainment on the airwaves. 

Agree with @Johnnyeager 100%.  My job in no way compares to their jobs.  I'm not on television.

So if you work in the public eye, it's okay to have someone bash you, your looks and performance on a public forum?

I hope I never get so hateful as to do that.  I bothers me...a lot.  We all have struggles and a bad day now and then.  Some people just wait for an error to appear and almost instantly they run the forums complaining.

It is against the terms of service on QVC's forums, so it is not allowed.  The Mods delete these types of posts everyday.  After a while it just gets old.

Adults should know better, but it still happens and it's the same people ( not you) who do it time and time again.

Super Contributor

@Spurt @Well said and very true!

Respected Contributor

We all know that if someone writes a post and says I wish host X would give us the measurements and fabric content of a garment that this post would not be poofed. We know the ones that are poofed. Personal attacks on a host's physical appearance or accusing hosts of "screaming" or acting manic and dominating the presentation with personal stories are the ones that are poofed. After all once the item has been shown and the details are given about the item such as color, measurements, the material that the item is made of and availability and if not a garment demonstrating the uses for the item what else is there left to talk about? 

Some people are just looking for any excuse to go after a host who for some reason irritates them. And some want to do it publicly so as to shame the host. This is what QVC forums will not tolerate.

New Contributor

The sweet and creative fashion genius, Isaac Mizrahi, was repeatedly insulted by the host that worked with him Saturday afternoon. Her insults made me uncomfortable but Isaac handled them all with total grace. He is a true gentleman. I think the host should be dismissed for being so unkind to him.  

Honored Contributor

@Puppy Lips wrote:

@skatting44 wrote:

@Cakers3 

Thanks. Yes I do know how to find the garment measurements , however I am not on my computer  every time I am watching. I'd most often like to hear the  length  of slacks or skirt or top.

@skatting44  @I agree.  I do not sit in front of my computer or even carry my cell phone with me everywhere.  When I see something on air, I would like the bust, hip, and length of clothes.  I am between sizes, and the measurements matter.  If that info were on air, I could decided if I am interested enough to buy it.  Whether or not the garment actually matches those measurements is another story though.

@Puppy LipsWhere are you watching from that you have no access to the internet to check details?  In less than a minute I can turn on  my laptop or PC or phone and check out details on anything!

Honored Contributor

@DewDrop wrote:

The sweet and creative fashion genius, Isaac Mizrahi, was repeatedly insulted by the host that worked with him Saturday afternoon. Her insults made me uncomfortable but Isaac handled them all with total grace. He is a true gentleman. I think the host should be dismissed for being so unkind to him.  

Wow @DewDrop .  I didn't watch the show and didn't see this happen. That's awful.