Esteemed Contributor

I notice that there are lots of removed posts when THEY feel that the host is being bashed.  I understand this.  But is there a place in a nice way that we as customers can comment on things that we don't like that might improve our shopping experience?

For instance some hosts chat and don't seem to have time to describe the products they are to sell. Some hosts are into family discussions.  I want product info.  I cannot touch or taste what is being sold.  I need the best information I can get to make a good decision.  Sending back is no fun, time consumming and expensive.  

Honored Contributor

@bonnielu wrote:

I notice that there are lots of removed posts when THEY feel that the host is being bashed.  I understand this.  But is there a place in a nice way that we as customers can comment on things that we don't like that might improve our shopping experience?

For instance some hosts chat and don't seem to have time to describe the products they are to sell. Some hosts are into family discussions.  I want product info.  I cannot touch or taste what is being sold.  I need the best information I can get to make a good decision.  Sending back is no fun, time consumming and expensive.  

@bonnielu   This post may last because it is generic.

The threads/posts naming specific hosts-those are never nice.  Those should be removed.

Why not make a suggestion in the suggestion box.   

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@bonnielu wrote:

@bonnielu . I agree with you. While I don't go along with host bashing, if you can give suggestions on how to make it a better experience, QVC should not have a problem with that. I would go under suggestion box with your requests.

I think they remove the posts that specifically call out a particular host and get mean with their posts instead of constructive criticism. I agree with you, some hosts get too chatty and talk too much about their personal lives, while forgetting to give pertinent info on the product being presented.  

Honored Contributor

Plus the personal touch to presentations make the hosts appear to be our friends; it's a selling tactic.  Customers can identify and feel encouraged to buy the product.

If the "friend" recommends it, it must be good.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Host bashing

[ Edited ]

Once in a while , recently , I have heard on air a Host saying they needed to provide all the  garment measurements when  they were  socially talking with a product Rep .

So, this  is an inkling that maybe some customer requests to give us all the 911 abt   clothing measurements  was received by a Host .

However , the same customer concerns, requests  are often repeated in these threads. Frankly , I do not think the Hosts  nor the product Reps nor QVC  really care since they are all most often consumed in  social conversations  talking over top of one another or  constantlly telling us where we can wear an item .

Esteemed Contributor

It's one thing to make general statements than can improve the customer experience.It's quite another to attack a specific host. That isn't necessary.It's just mean. I don't blame the mods for deleting those. 

Honored Contributor

@skatting44 wrote:

Once in a while , recently , I have heard on air a Host saying they needed to provide all the  garment measurements when  they were  socially talking with a product Rep .

So, this  is an inkling that maybe some customer requests to give us all the 911 abt   clothing measurements  was received by a Host .

However , the same customer concerns, requests  are often repeated in these threads. Frankly , I do not think the Hosts  nor the product Reps nor QVC  really care since they are all most often consumed in  social conversations  talking over top of one another or  constantlly telling us where we can wear an item .

@skatting44   The garment measurements are always available.  After the description there is a "click here to see specific garment measurements".

Some people just do not know it is there.

Honored Contributor

Just a reminder that what turns off one potential purchaser might well turn on another.

Right now without naming names, I know the hosts I try to avoid (and turn off if I miss) never tell me much of anything I can't see for myself or read from the website.  Neither is new within the last couple of years, but neither has inspired a single purchase from me.

Trusted Contributor

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

It's one thing to make general statements than can improve the customer experience.It's quite another to attack a specific host. That isn't necessary.It's just mean. I don't blame the mods for deleting those. 

Fairly new to the boards but I am quickly learning the ones who continually make rude and unnecessary comments about not only the hosts but the products and other board users. It gets tiresome.

Honored Contributor

Re: Host bashing

[ Edited ]

The Host's are working while they are on TV.  

Why do people feel they have to offer advice on how they should be doing their job?

How would people like it if others commented on the way they did their jobs, especially on a public forum?

Imagine how you would feel if you were publically shamed because someone felt you should be doing your job differently.  If the Hosts need more instruction, it is up to their employer to provide them with the info.

If you feel you have to comment on their performance, write a letter to QVC.  This should be done in a private way, not publicly....or maybe you want the attention and want other's to agree with you.

By deleting the negative posts about their Hosts, it is quite clear that QVC doesn't want those type of comments on their forums.