Honored Contributor

But is there a place in a nice way that we as customers can comment on things that we don't like that might improve our shopping experience?

@bonnielu ..........you just did

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Esteemed Contributor

Many of us do not perform our jobs in a public forum over television. 

The hosts do.

To compare their job to the employment of most of us is ridiculous and not comparable.

Except for those of you who do entertainment on the airwaves. 

Esteemed Contributor

@bonnielu wrote:

I notice that there are lots of removed posts when THEY feel that the host is being bashed.  I understand this.  But is there a place in a nice way that we as customers can comment on things that we don't like that might improve our shopping experience?

For instance some hosts chat and don't seem to have time to describe the products they are to sell. Some hosts are into family discussions.  I want product info.  I cannot touch or taste what is being sold.  I need the best information I can get to make a good decision.  Sending back is no fun, time consumming and expensive.  

I think you just did it @bonnielu, and you did it in a way without bashing. I think we should be able to discuss the host's, and what we like or dislike. I don't think it should ever be about looks, or body shaming.

I agree QVC has let this go too far with the hosts. I don't mind a quick mention of their private life, but this constant talking about their children, husband,house or vacation is of no interest to me as a consumer. I don't feel connected to the host, and I am not friends with the host, and I don't want to be.

Esteemed Contributor

@Cakers3 

Thanks. Yes I do know how to find the garment measurements , however I am not on my computer  every time I am watching. I'd most often like to hear the  length  of slacks or skirt or top.

Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

The Host's are working while they are on TV.  

Why do people feel they have to offer advice on how they should be doing their job?

How would people like it if others commented on the way they did their jobs, especially on a public forum?

Imagine how you would feel if you were publically shamed because someone felt you should be doing your job differently.  If the Hosts need more instruction, it is up to their employer to provide them with the info.

If you feel you have to comment on their performance, write a letter to QVC.  This should be done in a private way, not publicly....or maybe you want the attention and want other's to agree with you.

By deleting the negative posts about their Hosts, it is quite clear that QVC doesn't want those type of comments on their forums. 

Because they are paying customers so that would entitle them to voice their opinion.  Not my feeling or opinion.  Just answering your question

Honored Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

The hosts do.

To compare their job to the employment of most of us is ridiculous and not comparable.

Why does it matter if somone works in the public eye or they are hidden away while they work?  Everyone deserves respect...everyone.

It is not right to call out someone's performance on a public forum.

It's the same for posters who have to bring up another poster's poor grammar or spelling errors and call it constructive criticism.  Do they really think they are being helpful?  I think not.

Honored Contributor

@Johnnyeager    I don't often see huge numbers of responses for the "constructive criticism" threads.   Why is that?

Esteemed Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

The hosts do.

I agree @Johnnyeager the host's are public figures. It comes with the territory.

Esteemed Contributor

It's essential that hosts give all pertinent information and forget all customers don't have computers. Some are not computer savvy for many reasons and call in to order based on what they see and hear.   

Honored Contributor

Anyone feeling the need to make nasty comments about any host should just go to that host's facebook and say it directly there!  Yeah, bet no one would be willing to do that!!  Making nasty derogotory posts on the forums here is anonymous and often just baiting to get others to chime in!!