Respected Contributor

Once you put yourself on the world stage you open yourself up for criticism. Actors, radio personalities, authors, even QVC hosts have to learn to have a thick skin. I believe if you take a job on tv you want a lot of attention and do no not mind if someone dislikes you, these people have big egos. For every ten people who dislike like the job you are doing there will be ten who love it. Companies do want to learn how their employees are doing and I am sure QVC has a way to find out. 

Esteemed Contributor

@mspatmac wrote:

It's essential that hosts give all pertinent information and forget all customers don't have computers. Some are not computer savvy for many reasons and call in to order based on what they see and hear.   

Exactly right.  Some of them won't even show the entire piece of clothing for color.  I don't feel it's a personal attack on hosts to expect something as simple as that.  Even though these same complaints are raised ad nauseam nothing changes. So neither the hosts nor bosses care what we think.  

Customers are like teeth...ignore them and they'll go away.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Super Contributor

@Carmie  I am retired from retail middle management and I can tell you that anyone in sales is subject to performance evaluation. This is part of the job. Verbal critiques as needed and an annual performance review is part of every job. Each salesperson would receive extensive training initially and then attend classes and training while employed to keep the sales force engaged and effective. I have no doubt that feedback from these boards is collected and presented to those who need to know during meetings and one-on-one as well. (Although sometimes it doesn't seem that way). Having said that, personal attacks should be deleted from here but they're probably noted.
Management is immersed in data, sales numbers, customer feedback They live and breath all this. So glad to be retired!

Esteemed Contributor

@Pook wrote:

Anyone feeling the need to make nasty comments about any host should just go to that host's facebook and say it directly there!  Yeah, bet no one would be willing to do that!!  Making nasty derogotory posts on the forums here is anonymous and often just baiting to get others to chime in!! 

@PookThere are plenty of nasty comments on social media. Take another look.

Honored Contributor

Maybe the hosts don't give detailed information because it's not provided by their managers and assistants. If management wanted skirt lengths provided for all skirts for example, the directors would be given the info and would tell the hosts to say it during their shows.

The more information they tell you, the more objections you can raise to buying. If a car salesman could get away with selling you a car without telling you what kind of engine it has or any other pertinent details, don't you think they would? They would much rather just show you a red car and say, "Like it? It's yours if you buy now!"

If they can still sell you the thing without telling you much about it, they'll do so. I think it's wrong, but it's not the fault of hosts. The hosts don't do or say anything management doesn't want them to. The illusion that any of them are just riffing on personal topics for fun or that any of them ever go rogue is just an illusion meant to gain your emotional investment and trust.

So don't single out the hosts. Take the whole company to task if you don't like what you are seeing on the tv presentations. Every minute on air is the result of many tightly controlled and deliberate corporate decisions.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

Customer Care is the best place to voice a concern, at least it gets some notice.

Trusted Contributor

Every salesperson has their own style. I walk into retail and will gravitate to the salesperson I like best. I avoid others for whatever reasons. Nothing personal.

Can't you do the same with television shopping? It's not like a particular host is the only game in town or that you can't find specifics on line or by making a phone call.

Unless it is personal.

Esteemed Contributor

@skatting44 wrote:

@Cakers3 

Thanks. Yes I do know how to find the garment measurements , however I am not on my computer  every time I am watching. I'd most often like to hear the  length  of slacks or skirt or top.

@skatting44 I agree.  I do not sit in front of my computer or even carry my cell phone with me everywhere.  When I see something on air, I would like the bust, hip, and length of clothes.  I am between sizes, and the measurements matter.  If that info were on air, I could decided if I am interested enough to buy it.  Whether or not the garment actually matches those measurements is another story though.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

@mspemberley wrote:

@Carmie  I am retired from retail middle management and I can tell you that anyone in sales is subject to performance evaluation. This is part of the job. Verbal critiques as needed and an annual performance review is part of every job. Each salesperson would receive extensive training initially and then attend classes and training while employed to keep the sales force engaged and effective. I have no doubt that feedback from these boards is collected and presented to those who need to know during meetings and one-on-one as well. (Although sometimes it doesn't seem that way). Having said that, personal attacks should be deleted from here but they're probably noted.
Management is immersed in data, sales numbers, customer feedback They live and breath all this. So glad to be retired!

I agree, but there is no reason to critique anyone publicly.  Apparently the Q agrees, because they delete these posts...again and again.  They aren't welcome on these forums.

Honored Contributor

@JamandBread wrote:

Every salesperson has their own style. I walk into retail and will gravitate to the salesperson I like best. I avoid others for whatever reasons. Nothing personal.

Can't you do the same with television shopping? It's not like a particular host is the only game in town or that you can't find specifics on line or by making a phone call.

Unless it is personal.

You find sales people in a store?   LOL

Finding assistance in B&M retail is nearly impossible around here.  And good luck finding an open register!!!! 

QVC hosts are nothing more than sale people.  Doesn't matter the media.  On air, You Tube, Infomercials...whatever.

I have no more right to bash, criticise and critique them than I do the sales lady at Chico's.

Many of the posts are not offering suggestions at all but baiting others to join the trashing knowing full well the thread will go south.

QVC forum, QVC rules.

I appreciate the mods.